Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science Shoves It Up God's Ass AGAIN!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/world/osi...index.html

Quote:NASA reveals historic asteroid sample — and it contains key building blocks of life
A pristine asteroid sample that could serve as a time capsule from the early days of our solar system has finally been revealed.
The rocks and dust contain water and a large amount of carbon, said NASA administrator Bill Nelson, which suggests that asteroids like Bennu may have delivered the building blocks of life to Earth. The sample is nearly 5% carbon by weight.
“Far exceeding our goal of 60 grams, this is the biggest carbon-rich asteroid sample ever returned to Earth,” Nelson said. “The carbon and water molecules are exactly the kinds of material that we wanted to find. They’re crucial elements in the formation of our own planet. And they’re going to help us determine the origin of elements that could have led to life.”

God was apparently unavailable for comment (as usual) but we can expect his asshole preachers to be running their mouths in short order!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 7 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • adey67, brewerb, pattylt, Chas, Dancefortwo, Cavebear, brunumb

(10-11-2023, 07:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/world/osi...index.html

Quote:NASA reveals historic asteroid sample — and it contains key building blocks of life
A pristine asteroid sample that could serve as a time capsule from the early days of our solar system has finally been revealed.
The rocks and dust contain water and a large amount of carbon, said NASA administrator Bill Nelson, which suggests that asteroids like Bennu may have delivered the building blocks of life to Earth. The sample is nearly 5% carbon by weight.
“Far exceeding our goal of 60 grams, this is the biggest carbon-rich asteroid sample ever returned to Earth,” Nelson said. “The carbon and water molecules are exactly the kinds of material that we wanted to find. They’re crucial elements in the formation of our own planet. And they’re going to help us determine the origin of elements that could have led to life.”

God was apparently unavailable for comment (as usual) but we can expect his asshole preachers to be running their mouths in short order!

I expect the usual “a rock isn’t alive” or some similar bla bla bla.
The following 2 users Like pattylt's post:
  • Minimalist, Cavebear

Silly science, that's where godiboi likes it!

(10-11-2023, 07:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/world/osi...index.html

Well, Earth contained the building blocks of life too and then billions of years ago life developed.

I think I posted this before but last year scientists found that RNA spontaneously developed when basalt glass, which was everywhere on early earth, was mixed with nucleoside triphosphates.  This comes from the Scientists at the Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution.

Quote: ...The study shows that long RNA molecules, 100-200 nucleotides in length, form when nucleoside triphosphates do nothing more than percolate through basaltic glass.

It goes on to say...

Quote: "For several hundred million years after the Moon formed, frequent impacts coupled with abundant volcanism on the young planet formed molten basaltic lava, the source of the basalt glass. Impacts also evaporated water to give dry land, providing aquifers where RNA could have formed."

The same impacts also delivered nickel, which the team showed gives nucleoside triphosphates from nucleosides and activated phosphate, also found in lava glass. Borate (as in borax), also from the basalt, controls the formation of those triphosphates. 

Funny, I use borax in my laundry detergent. 

Bucky might appreciate this since he's posted a video of Jan Špaček talking about the origins of life....

Quote: "The beauty of this model is its simplicity. It can be tested by highschoolers in chemistry class," said Jan Špaček, who was not involved in this study but who develops instrument to detect alien genetic polymers on Mars. "Mix the ingredients, wait for a few days and detect the RNA."

So it seems we are rock people.  

Quote:  The same rocks resolve the other paradoxes in making RNA in a path that moves all of the way from simple organic molecules to the first RNA. "For example, borate manages the formation of ribose, the 'R' in RNA," 

I don't know why this wasn't major news and talked about by the big news organizations, except maybe it doesn't have that "feel good, heart warming" story they like to have in their broadcasts where science is helping people overcome  an illness or whatever.  Plus it gets the religious nuts all wadded up and in a big dither. 

https://phys.org/news/2022-06-scientists...-mars.html
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bucky Ball, pattylt

Quote:I don't know why this wasn't major news and talked about by the big news organizations,

I know why.  Too complicated for the morons.  They seem far more interested in some starlet shaking her ass.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(10-11-2023, 10:48 PM)pattylt Wrote:

I expect the usual “a rock isn’t alive” or some similar bla bla bla.

The rock has water in it, Clay hydrates or something like that.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • pattylt

Yeah but, yeah but God provided the raw materials.
The following 1 user Likes Thethingaboutitis's post:
  • pattylt

Kent Hovind will, no doubt, accuse scientists of lying to support their "religion" of evolution.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • pattylt

(10-13-2023, 07:57 AM)Thethingaboutitis Wrote: Yeah but, yeah but God provided the raw materials.

I’ll accept that from the religionists. It beats the hell out of the A and E story and 6,000 yrs.  They’d still be wrong but that would be a giant step.
The following 1 user Likes pattylt's post:
  • Thethingaboutitis