Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
evgeniy Prigozhin believed to be aboard crashed plane in Russia

Hummmm.   I guess Putin got tired of throwing his enemies out of buildings and decided on an.....accidental      (hint-hint.....wink-wink)  ... Plane Crash.

Quote: Yevgeniy Prigozhin, the Wagner Group mercenary chief who led a short-lived mutiny against the Kremlin in June, was listed as a passenger on a plane that crashed in Russia on Wednesday, killing all 10 people on board, including three pilots and seven passengers, according to Russian state news agency Tass, which cites the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations. Russia’s emergency services did not immediately confirm whether Prigozhin had been on board and died. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/202...ssia-live/

Edit...I didn't copy the whole name of Yevgenly so the Y is missing. Sorry
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67

Imagine being so evil that you're prepared to kill 10 innocent people in order to get rid of one in particular.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Dancefortwo, LastPoet

He died a couple of months ago. He just didn't took notice.
The following 2 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • 1Sam15, Deesse23

Someone recorded it on their cell phone and posted it on twitter.  The twitter link is so darned long so I won't post it but but Newsweek has the twitter video on it's page. 

https://www.newsweek.com/yevgeny-prigozh...er-1822007

I know nothing about air planes but it looks like it was either shot out of the sky or it exploded or something.   It's falling straight down, like a rock.  

This is why you don't try and negotiate with Putin.   Prigozhin should have skidaddled out of Russia and been part of a witness protection program in the US.  Not sure if his wife was was onboard.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67

Probably, japanese torpedo boats were involved. They are sneaky.

The guy was no better than Putin so yeah. Good riddance. The high Russian eschelons have the habit of killing their most able generals/admirals.
The following 2 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • Dancefortwo, epronovost

(08-23-2023, 07:09 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Hummmm.   I guess Putin got tired of throwing his enemies out of buildings and decided on an.....accidental      (hint-hint.....wink-wink)  ... Plane Crash.

More likely the US shot it down than Russia.

(08-23-2023, 08:18 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Probably, japanese torpedo boats were involved. They are sneaky.

The guy was no better than Putin so yeah. Good riddance. The high Russian eschelons have the habit of killing their most able generals/admirals.

Well yes, good riddance but who were the other nine people killed?

(08-23-2023, 09:24 PM)Aractus Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 07:09 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Hummmm.   I guess Putin got tired of throwing his enemies out of buildings and decided on an.....accidental      (hint-hint.....wink-wink)  ... Plane Crash.

Oh sure, 20 miles north of Moscow. What did we use, the Jewish Space Lasers?
test signature
The following 6 users Like skyking's post:
  • Fireball, adey67, pattylt, airportkid, Aegon, isbelldl

(08-23-2023, 09:24 PM)Aractus Wrote:

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
ROFL2 ROFL2 ROFL2
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 4 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Fireball, Dancefortwo, pattylt, skyking

Maybe the guy DID fall out of a window and the pilot, fearing for his safety, did a nose dive to scoop him up and accidently ran into a stray missile in the area?
Formerly WiCharlie Sun
The following 1 user Likes Charladele's post:
  • Deesse23

(08-24-2023, 04:13 AM)skyking Wrote: Oh sure, 20 miles north of Moscow. What did we use, the Jewish Space Lasers?

Complete collapse of the Wagner Group benefits the US interests, not Russia. Prigozhin wasn't assassinated in isolation, this was a complete disbandment of the Wagner Group.

Anyway all I said was “more likely”.

(08-24-2023, 11:52 AM)Aractus Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 04:13 AM)skyking Wrote: Oh sure, 20 miles north of Moscow. What did we use, the Jewish Space Lasers?

Complete collapse of the Wagner Group benefits the US interests, not Russia. Prigozhin wasn't assassinated in isolation, this was a complete disbandment of the Wagner Group.

If the US can shoot down planes 20km from Moscow, why is Putin still alive?
Why was he alive when he invaded Ukraine?
Why was he alive when he annexed Crimea?
Why was he alive when he messed with elections in the US?
How did he manage to be president for....how long?
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Dancefortwo, skyking

In Russia Putin interest trumps that of his nation (if you define the interest of Russia as the medium and long term prosperity and happiness of Russians); sure he calls his interest Russia's interest, but it's idiocy. It wasn't in Russia's interest to annex Crimea or invade Ukraine, but Putin did both of those things. It wasn't in Russia's interest to pass strick anti SGM laws or reduce protection for women against domestic violence. It was in Putin's interest to do so though. Wagner was very useful to Russia's interest abroad, especially in Africa, but it was becoming a threat to Putin personal safety and power thus it had to go.

It was in the interest of the US to have Wagner and the Russian government starring down at each other as enemies waiting for the right opportunity to strike against one another. Now, there is no such tension and there is plenty of people who can take over Wagner's troops and operation very quickly, especially since Wagner was not a private entity for real, it was a creature of the Kremlin.

(08-23-2023, 07:52 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Someone recorded it on their cell phone and posted it on twitter.  The twitter link is so darned long so I won't post it but but Newsweek has the twitter video on it's page. 

I know nothing about air planes but it looks like it was either shot out of the sky or it exploded or something.   It's falling straight down, like a rock.  

This is why you don't try and negotiate with Putin.   Prigozhin should have skidaddled out of Russia and been part of a witness protection program in the US.  Not sure if his wife was was onboard.

It lost a wing which is fairly unusual as wings are one of the strongest parts of an aircraft if I'm not mistaken. I suspect a missile either SA or AA, probably most likely an AA missile, the fighter pilot who did it has probably been eliminated also.

(08-24-2023, 04:13 AM)skyking Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 09:24 PM)Aractus Wrote: More likely the US shot it down than Russia.

Oh sure, 20 miles north of Moscow. What did we use, the Jewish Space Lasers?

I heard the pilot was blinded by pixie dust, (just as likely as a US plot IMHO) damn those pixies Big Grin Tongue
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

Gremlins. Had to be gremlins.

(08-24-2023, 03:30 PM)epronovost Wrote: , especially since Wagner was not a private entity for real, it was a creature of the Kremlin.
...but, but.....Putin was COAXED into ignoring his own, strict laws about mercenary troops being illegal and allow his long time ally Prigozin to lead exactly such an organisation.
Putin was COAXED into opening russian prisons and use inmates as cannon fodder.

Such noble causes, such decent methods.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Inkubus

(08-24-2023, 03:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 07:52 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Someone recorded it on their cell phone and posted it on twitter.  The twitter link is so darned long so I won't post it but but Newsweek has the twitter video on it's page. 

It lost a wing which is fairly unusual as wings are one of the strongest parts of an aircraft if I'm not mistaken. I suspect a missile either SA or AA, probably most likely an AA missile, the fighter pilot who did it has probably been eliminated also.

I have a different theory. Missile shoot downs in daylight are often easily witnessed from the ground and hard to hide.
I propose that Putin's operatives bought their way into the hangar, and did some simple sabotage behind inspection panels that are not opened for a preflight inspection.
Once the crash happens, he controls the investigation process so this is easy to cover up. it is risky to do a daylight shoot down, if you actually want to cover it up.
test signature
The following 4 users Like skyking's post:
  • Deesse23, Dom, adey67, Dancefortwo

you don't have a clue. Occam's razor points to Putin rather solidly.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • adey67

(08-24-2023, 05:07 PM)skyking Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 03:31 PM)adey67 Wrote: It lost a wing which is fairly unusual as wings are one of the strongest parts of an aircraft if I'm not mistaken. I suspect a missile either SA or AA, probably most likely an AA missile, the fighter pilot who did it has probably been eliminated also.

I have a different theory. Missile shoot downs in daylight are often easily witnessed from the ground and hard to hide.
I propose that Putin's operatives bought their way into the hangar, and did some simple sabotage behind inspection panels that are not opened for a preflight inspection.
Once the crash happens, he controls the investigation process so this is easy to cover up. it is risky to do a daylight shoot down, if you actually want to cover it up.

News sources online are now saying they think it was a bomb.
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • skyking

(08-24-2023, 09:07 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(08-24-2023, 05:07 PM)skyking Wrote: I have a different theory. Missile shoot downs in daylight are often easily witnessed from the ground and hard to hide.

News sources online are now saying they think it was a bomb.

I'm certainly no expert but the video looks like it may have been a bomb.  The plane is falling like a rock out of the sky and has a trail of smoke billowing out of the back.
                                                         T4618

It was missing one wing complete. That is an atypical inflight failure. That type of plane has been in one accident of note and in that accident, it survived a miidair with a 737 and the 737 did not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gol_Transp...light_1907
test signature
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Deesse23, adey67

Making an airplane tumble straight down all the way to the ground requires significantly deforming its shape and/or shifting its center of mass too far away from the center of lift.  A bomb would definitely accomplish either or both.  So would a missile, but reporting so far indicates no evidence for that.

Merely disabling the engines only makes the airplane a glider.  Sabotage by structural damage leaves uncertain the moment of failure.  A bomb detonated by a timer or aneroid provides a more predictable moment of action.  A bomb is dramatic, leaving no doubt this was no accident, a necessary element for Putin's intent of intimidation.

Who took that video?  What drew his/her attention to that piece of the sky at that moment?  A boom, probably.
The following 2 users Like airportkid's post:
  • pattylt, adey67

Given the criminal activities of the Wagner group in varius places around the world I am having a hard time finding tears for this piece of shit.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • adey67

(08-24-2023, 10:04 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Given the criminal activities of the Wagner group in varius places around the world I am having a hard time finding tears for this piece of shit.

I'm just sad he didn't finish marching all the way into Moscow to make it all worth it.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Fireball, adey67, isbelldl