Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is there no moderation here anymore ?

(04-09-2023, 05:20 AM)Minimalist Wrote:
(04-09-2023, 01:55 AM)Dom Wrote: I'm tired of religion debates too. Maybe it has to do with age.  Old Lady  I've heard it all before .

I love religious debates.  I love telling shitheads that they are shitheads.

It depends what part of the debate for me. Discussions about details of who did what to whom when don't interest me much. Too much detail I don't care about. It feels like arguing about the influence on Venus rising in Orion for horoscopes.

But existence of a deity, how human ethics derived past theism, and what reality is all seem good.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

I think it's a lot when you debate a religious person, because their so caught in the bullshit mud, it's hard to pull them out and say hey, this is just some made up fairy tale stuff haha.
The following 2 users Like Tomatoshadow2's post:
  • Cavebear, Bucky Ball

(04-09-2023, 06:52 AM)Tomatoshadow2 Wrote: I think it's a lot when you debate a religious person, because their so caught in the bullshit mud, it's hard to pull them out and say hey, this is just some made up fairy tale stuff haha.

I was thinking today I am *WAY* too harsh.
There really is no way to pull them out of the bullshit mud, unless they want to come out of it.
All you can do is wait with them. Maybe they come out , maybe they don't.
It's very hard knowing the facts of where they're bullshit came from, historically .. and not being argumentative.
I need to figure that one out. I'm really bad at that.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dom

(04-09-2023, 01:56 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 09:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When a couple of members expressed interest in a book I wrote but never published -- and probably won't -- I started a thread for it simply in order for interested readers to find it easily. Of course it's vastly different thematically, not having anything to do with atheism, but I still think there's value to seeking critique of a single work to a single thread.

Have you considered self-publishing sites?  It's not really that expensive if you can combine efforts with several others.  I have had short stories about cats in 3 books with other cat-bloggers.  I never made any money from them, but it was free to me and Mom was impressed.   Hug

It's just not that important to me. I got what I wanted out writing it, which was the catharsis of putting to bed some deep wounds. If I get around to it, yeah, I'll probably self-publish, because any editor in his or her right mind is going to tell me to rewrite it again.
On hiatus.