Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happened to...

Whatever happened to...
(12-30-2021, 07:11 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Bibito71?  I hope the Shariah Police didn't track him down!

He was the guy from Egypt that was here recently?  He was smart and it was interesting to have his perspective on things.
                                                         T4618

Whatever happened to...
That's the guy.  Very interesting fellow.

But being anything other than a muslim shithead in Eqypt is not exactly safe.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Whatever happened to...
There was a young woman from Turkey that had posted up about skiing over on that other forum. I remembered that I at least was concerned as it was descending into the shithole that it has become.
Yea I am still pissed a bit about losing all that history on the other site.
I belong to a tech forum that was super busy back in the late 90's and 00's , that has done a remarkable job of keeping and converting the databases across a few different forum softwares. In its heyday the off topic forum was like a waterfall, you would look back after a few minutes and the threads had fallen off the first page. That was a rowdy time.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Fireball

Whatever happened to...
(12-31-2021, 03:32 AM)skyking Wrote: There was a young woman from Turkey that had posted up about skiing over on that other forum. I remembered that I at least was concerned as it was descending into the shithole that it has become.
I belong to a tech forum that was super busy back in the late 90's and 00's , that has done a remarkable job of keeping and converting the databases across a few different forum softwares. In its heyday the off topic forum was like a waterfall, you would look back after a few minutes and the threads had fallen off the first page. That was a rowdy time.

Isabel, or some sort of other spelling, iirc. I do hope that she s OK.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Whatever happened to...
(12-31-2021, 04:55 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 03:32 AM)skyking Wrote: There was a young woman from Turkey that had posted up about skiing over on that other forum. I remembered that I at least was concerned as it was descending into the shithole that it has become.

She pops in. Was here recently. Sometimes posts in the gaming thread, or here and there. https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/mem...ile&uid=29
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Whatever happened to...
(12-31-2021, 11:16 AM)Dom Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 04:55 AM)Fireball Wrote:

She pops in. Was here recently. Sometimes posts in the gaming thread, or here and there. https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/mem...ile&uid=29

Huh  That's a guy from Indianapolis, according to his info.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Whatever happened to...
(12-31-2021, 02:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 11:16 AM)Dom Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 04:55 AM)Fireball Wrote: Isabel, or some sort of other spelling, iirc. I do hope that she s OK.

Huh  That's a guy from Indianapolis, according to his info.

Closest name to Isabell, but I now know who you mean. I can't remember the name either. She has not been here in a long time I think. 

it would not have been an issue to transfer the old forum content to here, and I was talking to Seth about it. He seemed somewhat amenable, and then someone else talked to him and - poof.

Whatever happened to...
I reached out to the guy from Iran, @Hussein, the other day. He was here for a hot moment about two years ago. No reply.
On hiatus.

Whatever happened to...
I hope @Antonio and @Teddy are ok.

I also miss @Kaneda and @M.Linoge.

And that Thingymebob comes back.

Hope they're all doing great!

[Image: meerkat-hello.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Whatever happened to...
The kugelblitz swallowed them.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Phaedrus

Whatever happened to...
(07-18-2022, 09:36 PM)no one Wrote: The kugelblitz swallowed them.

May its holiness swallow us all.

Whatever happened to...
Anyone heard from Gawdzilla recently?

Whatever happened to...
(03-29-2023, 02:43 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Anyone heard from Gawdzilla recently?

No, he's been missing for a month now.

Whatever happened to...
I believe I've seen him over at AF. Seems that I recall him and Boru were arguing about a character in the Lord Of The Rings.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Deesse23

Whatever happened to...
(03-29-2023, 02:43 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Anyone heard from Gawdzilla recently?

He's posted a few times in the last couple of days at Tully's Port, a forum for discussion of the naval war in the Pacific.
On hiatus.

Whatever happened to...
Thanks for the update.
  • Thumpalumpacus

Whatever happened to...
(03-30-2023, 12:07 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Thanks for the update.

He's still breathing, despite the world's best efforts.

It's cute how you old fucks worry about each other.
On hiatus.

Whatever happened to...
(03-30-2023, 12:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

You'll join the club soon... Big Grin
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Alan V, SYZ

Whatever happened to...
(03-30-2023, 12:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

One of my internet fantasies is to join him and you for a beer somewhere..... although not in fucking Missouri.
  • Thumpalumpacus

Whatever happened to...
(03-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 12:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: He's still breathing, despite the world's best efforts.

One of my internet fantasies is to join him and you for a beer somewhere..... although not in fucking Missouri.

[Image: everything-everywhere-all-at-once-what-d...l-mean.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Whatever happened to...
^ Fugizat!?

Whatever happened to...
It's an Everything bagel.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Minimalist, Fireball

Whatever happened to...
(03-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-30-2023, 12:37 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: He's still breathing, despite the world's best efforts.

That would be one rollicking conversation. I'd suggest San Diego, so you old assholes can get away from desert heat or prairie humidity, and I can visit museum ships while y'all take your naps. Smile
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Minimalist, Fireball

Whatever happened to...
Nice place, San Diego.
  • Thumpalumpacus

Whatever happened to...
(03-30-2023, 01:52 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Nice place, San Diego.

I'll be down there between 11 and 15 May (still working out travel plans), as my son graduates from MCRD and earns his Eagle, Globe, and Anchor around then. Happy to have a pint with anyone in the neighborhood!
On hiatus.