Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A nun rebellion?

A nun rebellion?
Here is an interesting survey on the Catholic Church position on several hot topic issues like contraception, abortion, women ordination, gay marriage and sexual abuse by the priesthood. It turns out there is a very sharp divide between the priests and the nuns of the Catholic Church. In fact both group are basically strongly supporting completely opposite positions on every single one of those issues with the priesthood being a lot more conservative. My only question though is about monks which don't seem to have been mentioned in the article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erinspencer...n-beliefs/

A nun rebellion?
(03-06-2023, 02:56 PM)epronovost Wrote: Here is an interesting survey on the Catholic Church position on several hot topic issues like contraception, abortion, women ordination, gay marriage and sexual abuse by the priesthood. It turns out there is a very sharp divide between the priests and the nuns of the Catholic Church. In fact both group are basically strongly supporting completely opposite positions on every single one of those issues with the priesthood being a lot more conservative. My only question though is about monks which don't seem to have been mentioned in the article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erinspencer...n-beliefs/

From what I know, monks are rather "otherworldly" and stay away from such issues.

Nuns have long fought small revolutions in the catholic church. They get out more and interact with a lot of women and kids. The fist revolution I remember was shedding those hot, uncomfortable habits that shaped how their interactions with their "flock" would go. They mostly work as nurses, teachers and in charities. They are the worker bees of the church. Last time I looked (decades ago) they were fighting a losing battle for female priesthood. No idea what's been going on lately, but they have been rebellious for quite some time.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

A nun rebellion?
Once a Catholic, always a Catholic. Nothing changes with that mob.

A nun rebellion?
Catholic church ladies say, "No more, we'll have none of that!" Film at 11.

A nun rebellion?
(03-06-2023, 06:47 PM)carusmm Wrote: Once a Catholic, always a Catholic. Nothing changes with that mob.

Except for all the ex-Catholics who are now atheists.  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

A nun rebellion?
(03-07-2023, 12:55 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 06:47 PM)carusmm Wrote: Once a Catholic, always a Catholic. Nothing changes with that mob.

Except for all the ex-Catholics who are now atheists.  Consider

I don't trust apostates.