Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii.... my present from my daughter

Guys..... My daughter is amazing. She really is. I cannot express how wonderful of a woman she has turned into. I will forever be grateful for all she and her husband have done for me. That being said, I have pictures to share. I am still here until Sunday. 

Here's my girl. This was the first beach we went to. It's a private military beach on the base she will be stationed at once she is finished her schooling. 
[Image: AQ6NHfv.jpg]

Here's a tree that's climb-worthy. I love these canopy-type of trees.
[Image: QYAocH0.jpg]

[Image: brZaEzf.jpg]

[Image: 20QNc3R.jpg]

[Image: XDQDc6N.jpg]

[Image: 6mVvph1.jpg]

Kona, their kitty:
[Image: 31QC5G7.jpg]

The skeleton of a sea urchin I found. This is NOT flat. So no - it's not a sand dollar. 
[Image: ftp4Xmj.jpg]

[Image: 0JBv5ha.jpg]

[Image: ORyxspd.jpg]

I will never get enough of this place.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 9 users Like Joods's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Bucky Ball, Bcat, skyking, Minimalist, adey67, Dom, Chas, KittyAnn

More Pics since I can only post ten at a time 

[Image: kIHDmJf.jpg]

The sun setting between two mountains:
[Image: F4hzFre.jpg]

[Image: poeT6kj.jpg]

[Image: lBIU509.jpg]

[Image: HrQo1Kg.jpg]

A neat tunnel we went through:
[Image: g89yyyL.jpg]

Those waves are 10-12 feet high and there are people surfing way out there.
[Image: 2ChABpS.jpg]

A tree with it's roots above the ground:
[Image: B6FeuOH.jpghttp:]

[Image: rs7oy11.jpg]

[Image: hzNq9W6.jpg]
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 10 users Like Joods's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Bcat, skyking, Minimalist, Gwaithmir, adey67, Dom, Chas, KittyAnn, Aegon

The last set: 

[Image: wtObTPd.jpg]

[Image: Knfcdyo.jpg]

Another one of my daughter: 
[Image: JHoaNKV.jpg]

[Image: qTyEeQe.jpg]

[Image: MxvVx0w.jpg]

[Image: TUp5MjW.jpg]
      Christianity: 
The following 7 users Like Joods's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Bucky Ball, Bcat, skyking, Minimalist, Dom, Chas

She got you the whole state? That's quite impressive.
The following 5 users Like no one's post:
  • Fireball, Gawdzilla Sama, GenesisNemesis, Joods, skyking

(01-05-2023, 12:27 AM)no one Wrote: She got you the whole state? That's quite impressive.

Yes. yes indeed. She convinced the President of the United States, Congress and all interested parties to just give it up to me.  

ha ha ha. 

I have truly missed your sense of humor.  Big Grin
      Christianity: 
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • Fireball

woohooo!
What a fab present.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Joods

Don't step on any volcanoes!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Joods

I've only been to Hawaii twice. Each time was just a brief stopover in which I didn't leave the airport. The first was on a flight to Vietnam for my last tour in 1971. The second was on a flight to Thailand where I vacationed in 1975. I had fun visiting all the gift shops, although I can't remember now if I bought anything.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • skyking, Joods

No doubt who's daughter she is Joods, the family resemblance is remarkable. Enjoy every moment of this amazing gift, you certainly deserve it my friend.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • skyking, Joods

(01-05-2023, 05:35 AM)skyking Wrote: woohooo!
What a fab present.

She promised me that I would spend Christmas with her when she took leave so she flew me out to Hawaii so I could spend time with her and her husband there at their new house. She will be stationed there once she's finished schooling in June. Her husband is also in the Air Force and is already stationed there now. She's been so generous and anyone who has been through the military knows how little they get paid when starting out. She's currently an E3 I believe, so she doesn't get much in the way of pay. I am truly grateful.
      Christianity: 

(01-05-2023, 05:37 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Don't step on any volcanoes!

The active ones aren't on Oahu, which is the island I'm on. Next time I come out here we do plan on island hopping.
      Christianity: 

(01-05-2023, 01:12 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: I've only been to Hawaii twice. Each time was just a brief stopover in which I didn't leave the airport. The first was on a flight to Vietnam for my last tour in 1971. The second was on a flight to Thailand where I vacationed in 1975. I had fun visiting all the gift shops, although I can't remember now if I bought anything.

Since my daughter and her husband are being stationed here, I definitely will be back  Big Grin  Heart

I really don't want to leave. This place must be experienced as the photos don't do it justice.
      Christianity: 

(01-05-2023, 02:58 PM)adey67 Wrote: No doubt who's daughter she is Joods, the family resemblance is remarkable. Enjoy every moment of this amazing gift, you certainly deserve it my friend.

OMG thank you so much. She is such an amazing person and I am so proud of the young woman she has turned into. She's learning Mandarin at a remarkable speed. In just nearly one year, she's about fluent in it, something I could never accomplish. She can read and write it as well. 

Everyone says she looks just like me and I say I can't see it. But it must be true. 

Here is a pic of the two of us the morning she flew back to school: 

[Image: pPUDF1t.jpg]
      Christianity: 
The following 4 users Like Joods's post:
  • Bcat, adey67, Chas, KittyAnn

Check out my atheist poetry here... https://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 I also go by "RationalPoet"@brianrrs37 on Twitter and "Brian James" Rational Poet on FB. 
The following 2 users Like Brian37's post:
  • KittyAnn, Joods

(01-05-2023, 10:45 PM)Brian37 Wrote:

Love that show. The remake is pretty good too.
      Christianity: 

[-]
Quick Reply