Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Yule!

Happy Yule!
Wishing everyone a happy winter/summer solstice!

We just wound up our second Yule party in two days - we had too much food for just one day, so we erred on the side of sanity and divided the goodies into two batches.  In the finest Viking tradition, we had tempura shrimp, filo rolls with red peppers and feta, Filipino-style adobo pork (the closest we got to a "traditional" Norse main course), antipasto, Polish pickled mushroom salad, Jamaican curried beef puffs, Crab Rangoon, gravlax salmon (runner-up in the "Scandinavian fare" department), a cheese board, and deviled eggs.

*oof*  Good thing there was some mead to wash it all down.   Big Grin
The following 8 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Szuchow, julep, Inkubus, Gwaithmir, jerry mcmasters, GenesisNemesis, Dom, Fireball

Happy Yule!
All hail Odin the Allfather. 

[Image: viking-c.jpg]
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Astreja

Happy Yule!
I'll note this in my log.

Happy Yule!
(12-22-2022, 04:29 AM)no one Wrote: I'll note this in my log.

You have a Yule log?  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Astreja's post:
  • rocinantexyz

Happy Yule!
Happy Solstice!

Happy Yule!
I can feel the earth moving back in the right direction already.
Happy Winter Solstice.
I feel like we should be dragging some big stones somewhere.
Test

Happy Yule!
“Yule is when the dark half of the year cedes to the light half. Known as Solstice Night, Awaiting the rebirth of the Sun God. Bonfires, wassailing crops with toasts of spiced cider a time of madness and awesomeness.” (Anujj Elviis)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Happy Yule!
Happy Xmas to my very dear fellow forum members. Looking forward to plenty of healthy debating in the New Year.

I think I found me a batch of frumious bandersnatch. Dance  

Happy Yule!
Happy Solstice to one and all!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Gwaithmir