Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving Reps

Giving Reps
(12-23-2022, 03:04 PM)Vorpal Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 05:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I cannot fairly describe a good honest stench, either.

Can you describe what it is like to be butthurt?

"When someone is mad or throwing a temper tantrum because of a joke or something trivial. DISCLAIMER: Being butthurt does not mean someone who is mad after someone relentlessly bullying someone."

You are welcome to explain why you think that applies to me. I will consider your thoughts carefully and fully.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Giving Reps
(12-24-2022, 03:44 AM)skyking Wrote: How about Kelly? Now there's a real shit show Smile El-yay AND y griega?

In all my reading of Spanish, including the Mexican/Central American variants, I've never seen the letter "k" used. If I were CentAm, I'd go with "que" for our English K sound. "Quelli" would be be Spanish?
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Cavebear

Giving Reps
I remember one year in the Psych ward, I thought I'd cheer up our resident Mexican patient by wishing him a happy new year. He patiently explained that I'd wished him a happy new ass instead.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • skyking, Deesse23

Giving Reps
(12-24-2022, 04:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 03:44 AM)skyking Wrote: How about Kelly? Now there's a real shit show Smile El-yay AND y griega?

In all my reading of Spanish, including the Mexican/Central American variants, I've never seen the letter "k" used. If I were CentAm, I'd go with "que" for our English K sound. "Quelli" would be be Spanish?

I took 2 years of Spanish in high school and 2 in college and I learned 2 things.  First, I could make the rolling R vibrating my tongue slightly.  Second, nouns and pronouns had structure defining declention/numbers (?).  I mean I/We, You/You...  But I could not speak it whether by book-learning or immersion theory.  

I'm good at many things, but foreign languages are not one of them. One thing I always remember is "Yo no hablo muy poco Espanol". LOL!
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Giving Reps
(12-24-2022, 04:26 AM)Dānu Wrote: I remember one year in the Psych ward, I thought I'd cheer up our resident Mexican patient by wishing him a happy new year.  He patiently explained that I'd wished him a happy new ass instead.

Given your old avatar, it's unsurprising.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking

Giving Reps
baño
I learned how to accent without switching keyboards, yay me Tongue
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Giving Reps
(12-24-2022, 04:26 AM)Dānu Wrote: I remember one year in the Psych ward, I thought I'd cheer up our resident Mexican patient by wishing him a happy new year.  He patiently explained that I'd wished him a happy new ass instead.
Oh, you lucky person, you.
Happened to me too, 25y ago, with my then girlfriend from Equador. girl blushing
R.I.P. Hannes

Giving Reps
Given the weight gain associated with many psych meds, a new ass is on many people's wishlist.

I think I found me a batch of frumious bandersnatch. Dance  

Giving Reps
Hey here guys and gals, dames and gents, innies and outies, and everyone in between, let us all remember and rejoice in this fantastic festive time of year, something far more revered infantile desires for popularity. Let us all give thanks, for the delightful, spirited glee that comes from watching kitten drown, and that utterly intoxicating aroma of barbecued infants.

I REALLY LOVE THIS FUCKIN TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!!!!
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • adey67, jerry mcmasters