Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head colds, if you treat them....

...they go away in a week to ten days. If you don't treat them can last up to a week and a half.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I get over colds quickly, typically 2 days, 3 tops. And I avoid analgesics during that time. I figure they dampen the body's immune response.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

When I get a cold, I take to taking the hottest baths I can stand to induce an artificial fever. Also, plenty of fluid intake, and eating whether or not I'm hungry. Like Danu, three days or so is the usual for me. Covid saw me ill for five days, but because I was vaxxed and boosted it was like a gnarly cold, nothing more.
On hiatus.

I strictly follow the feed a fever, stuff a cold philosophy.  If I gots to be sick imma get my eat on.
The following 1 user Likes Vorpal's post:
  • Bucky Ball

As I have severe allergies, I just continue to use a 50 of Benadryl + chlorpheniramine for a cold. Everything else causes side-effects.
Benadryl puts a lot of people to sleep, but not me. Haven't had a cold since Feb 2020, (and that may have been Covid). Tongue One that's severe or "unrelated" to a virus I've had before takes 10 days to go away.
Test

Haven't had a cold in eons. I have bad respiratory allergies though.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

(11-15-2022, 07:54 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ...they go away in a week to ten days. If you don't treat them can last up to a week and a half.
I've been told---by more than one crackhead---that crack is the cure for the common cold.

(11-16-2022, 08:10 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 07:54 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ...they go away in a week to ten days. If you don't treat them can last up to a week and a half.
I've been told---by more than one crackhead---that crack is the cure for the common cold.

Let's leave my cousins out of this. Grim
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bucky Ball

I use a eucalyptus based decongestant like Vicks vapour rub, I don't use any decongestant pills or sprays because they completely remove my sense of smell for well over a week (which is longer than a cold does) I find loss of smell and taste a really distressing symptom which makes me quite panicky. We used to have a super effective treatment using vapourised coal tar extract but you can't get it anymore unfortunately.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast