Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wade just about doubled Pippens all star appearances

Wade 13 time all star
Pippen 7 time all star
Lebron actually lost twice in the finals playing with a 13 time all star

The first time Lebron was new to the Heat and there was a learning curve and they still got to the finals in their first year together. The last year Wade was completely washed up. I'm surprised Pippen had that few all star appearances, but yes Wade was a better player than Pippen.

Pippen ruined the game when he knocked that bucket down the well and awakened the balrog.
The following 2 users Like Inkubus's post:
  • Cavebear, jerry mcmasters

(09-22-2022, 07:29 AM)Inkubus Wrote: Pippen ruined the game when he knocked that bucket down the well and awakened the balrog.

That was one of my favorite scenes in LOTR. A slight action lead to a series of worse results, none of which could be stopped after the initial one.

Not to get too interpretive (I hated being stuck in "Advanced Interpretive Literature" class in college just because of SAT scores, having no actual interest in "Great Books"), but it seemed to me that it copied on a small scale the struggle of the elves with Sauron as "one thing led to another".

In the immediate time, I cringed for poor Pippin as he could not stop the bucket and the stuff that followed it. But I also couldn't help seeing it as "events following events".