Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suppose, this is science, well, in a way - Monkeys use sex toys to masturbate

Quote:In a research paper published on Aug. 4 in the journal Ethology: International Journal of Behavioural Biology, researchers analyzed how this population of Balinese monkeys play with stones. Among more innocuous uses, including biting and gathering the stones, video footage collected between 2016 to 2019 also shows hundreds of instances of monkeys in the sanctuary, both male and female, tapping and rubbing the stones on their genitals—seemingly in a state of sexual arousal.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5vyk9/m...e-sex-toys

May I just add, which originally caught my attention in a German article: They're called long-tailed macaques. Now, tail, in German, can have several meanings, such as the male genital. Which gave the story a whole new meaning.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

(08-17-2022, 03:48 PM)abaris Wrote:
Quote:In a research paper published on Aug. 4 in the journal Ethology: International Journal of Behavioural Biology, researchers analyzed how this population of Balinese monkeys play with stones. Among more innocuous uses, including biting and gathering the stones, video footage collected between 2016 to 2019 also shows hundreds of instances of monkeys in the sanctuary, both male and female, tapping and rubbing the stones on their genitals—seemingly in a state of sexual arousal.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5vyk9/m...e-sex-toys

May I just add, which originally caught my attention in a German article: They're called long-tailed macaques. Now, tail, in German, can have several meanings, such as the male genital. Which gave the story a whole new meaning.

Some dogs masturbate on anything that moves, but this is the first I heard of an animal using an inanimate object to do so.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

There's a youtube video of a chimp at a zoo who finds a frog and....well....sort of ......uses it to masterbate with.  Or is it frog rape?  Either one, if you Google "Chimp rapes frog" the video pops up.

ETA: By the way, this is a real frog. Not a toy frog.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Rhythmcs

Yeah, interspecies facefucking. Except the chimp doesn't care of the frog enjoys it.

Fun times.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dancefortwo

And then of course there's the Turkey Experiments of the 60s...

Quote:https://www.iflscience.com/notoriously-g...hing-59450

Notoriously Grim Turkey Experiment Proves They Will Attempt To Have Sex With Anything

n the 1960s, Dr. Martin Schein and Dr. Edward Hale designed a notoriously grim experiment about the sex lives of turkeys. They had already found in previous experiments that male turkeys would basically have sex with anything going. 

"When confronted with both sexually receptive female turkey and humans simultaneously in the test pen," the team wrote. "Those males that had been imprinted to turkeys the year before devoted exclusive attention to the female turkeys while those that had been human-imprinted were equally devoted to the humans."

While a bit icky, all of the participants were at least not dead.

Next, the scientists removed body parts from the turkeys to see if that had any effect on the male turkeys' mating attempts. They took off the feet to no effect, the wings to no effect, which is to say the male turkeys still considered the dead bird a mating opportunity, and mounted it.

The scientists kept going until only a head on a stick remained, like the world's most disgusting popsicle. The male turkeys still attempted to have sex with it.

Having grown up on a farm with turkeys, this doesn't surprise me in the least.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Next week they'll announce these monkeys are now visually impaired.
The following 4 users Like no one's post:
  • Unsapien, Fireball, Chas, Kim

(08-17-2022, 07:57 PM)Unsapien Wrote: And then of course there's the Turkey Experiments of the 60s...

Quote:https://www.iflscience.com/notoriously-g...hing-59450

Notoriously Grim Turkey Experiment Proves They Will Attempt To Have Sex With Anything

n the 1960s, Dr. Martin Schein and Dr. Edward Hale designed a notoriously grim experiment about the sex lives of turkeys. They had already found in previous experiments that male turkeys would basically have sex with anything going. 

"When confronted with both sexually receptive female turkey and humans simultaneously in the test pen," the team wrote. "Those males that had been imprinted to turkeys the year before devoted exclusive attention to the female turkeys while those that had been human-imprinted were equally devoted to the humans."

While a bit icky, all of the participants were at least not dead.

Next, the scientists removed body parts from the turkeys to see if that had any effect on the male turkeys' mating attempts. They took off the feet to no effect, the wings to no effect, which is to say the male turkeys still considered the dead bird a mating opportunity, and mounted it.

The scientists kept going until only a head on a stick remained, like the world's most disgusting popsicle. The male turkeys still attempted to have sex with it.

Having grown up on a farm with turkeys, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Oh, turkeys! A local garage used to have a turkey as mascot. The turkey seemed happy enough and the customers liked him. But - when he was fully grown and his hormones took over, he kept jumping the mechanics when they slipped under a car. Hubby brought him home one day - he had adopted him. He was well behaved here, but then, we didn't lay on the ground. Smile He followed us around all day like a dog, and when we were in the house, you could see the peeping Tom in the window. Smile
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Unsapien, Rhythmcs, Kim

(08-17-2022, 07:45 PM)c172 Wrote: Yeah, interspecies facefucking. Except the chimp doesn't care of the frog enjoys it.

Fun times.

I didn't post the youtube video of the monkey-frog rape because ...... I donno.....            I will post almost any video but......I just didn't.    Confused
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Kim

Yeah, wisdh I had never seen it. And the chimp, I think, jut throws the frog at the end. It's like these mean-spirited monkeys in Asia that just drag around stray kittens. YouTube is terrible sometimes.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(08-17-2022, 09:36 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 07:45 PM)c172 Wrote: Yeah, interspecies facefucking. Except the chimp doesn't care of the frog enjoys it.

Fun times.

I didn't post the youtube video of the monkey-frog rape because ...... I donno.....            I will post almost any video but......I just didn't.    Confused

And I thank you for that.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 2 users Like Unsapien's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Kim

Frogs...fuck em.
The following 2 users Like Rhythmcs's post:
  • Fireball, Dancefortwo

Okay, which one of you fucks has a camera in my bedr -- uh, nevermind, I'll find it myself and give you a real treat.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • abaris

Better than what otters did to my favorite baby seal...
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Well, just reading the title of this thread I thought ...  Yes. Yes, we do.

Dunno

(08-18-2022, 01:24 AM)Fireball Wrote: Better than what otters did to my favorite baby seal...

Someone took "beating off" a little too literally.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

Monkey frog compilation is toadally bananas. Gibbon the horror of the situation, I for one could not kermit to watching, I'd probably croak.