Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated honey

Heated honey
... is apparently toxic.

"Honey goes through a change in the color, texture and loses its nutrient value, when cooked or heated. In fact, heating honey can turn toxic and change the texture like glue.

As per Ayurveda, heating or cooking honey changes the natural composition and the toxic molecules stick to mucous membranes of the digestive system, which converts into a toxin called Ama, which leads to upset stomach, affects respiration, insulin sensitivity, skin diseases and weight gain, etc."

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Heated honey
And there my mom was feeding me hot milk with honey to help combat a sore throat.... Panic
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Kim

Heated honey
Moms having a hive mentality are all a buzz, they're starting to swarm with cries of much this stings. Sadly, they don't have a plan B.
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Fireball, Kim

Heated honey
I should have died a few nights ago. Sorry. Hope you're not mad.
Is this sig thing on?

Heated honey
Bear gets off her tits on honey.

Quote:Footage showed the female bear wobbling and whining as she sat belly-up in the back of a pick-up truck, after people rescued the visibly-debilitated animal from the forest.

Heated honey
Another interesting fact is that when honeybees collect nectar from toxic plants such as the rhododendron, they carry that back to their hive and it mixes in with the rest of the honey. It might not be toxic to the bees, but it's toxic to us. There's no way to filter out that from any other nectar.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Heated honey
I'm going to stop putting it in home made curry. I used it a few times instead of sugar.

Heated honey
(08-12-2022, 03:58 AM)Inkubus Wrote: Bear gets off her tits on honey.

Quote:Footage showed the female bear wobbling and whining as she sat belly-up in the back of a pick-up truck, after people rescued the visibly-debilitated animal from the forest.

Our biology teacher showed this to us in class (in the iron age hobo ). It's still as hilarious!

(08-12-2022, 01:53 PM)Joods Wrote: Another interesting fact is that when honeybees collect nectar from toxic plants such as the rhododendron, they carry that back to their hive and it mixes in with the rest of the honey. It might not be toxic to the bees, but it's toxic to us. There's no way to filter out that from any other nectar.

Ooh, sounds like an Agatha Christie plot. "The affair of the mysterious honeypot".

“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Joods, Inkubus

Heated honey
(08-12-2022, 08:12 PM)Vera Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 03:58 AM)Inkubus Wrote: Bear gets off her tits on honey.

Our biology teacher showed this to us in class (in the iron age hobo ). It's still as hilarious!

(08-12-2022, 01:53 PM)Joods Wrote: Another interesting fact is that when honeybees collect nectar from toxic plants such as the rhododendron, they carry that back to their hive and it mixes in with the rest of the honey. It might not be toxic to the bees, but it's toxic to us. There's no way to filter out that from any other nectar.

Ooh, sounds like an Agatha Christie plot. "The affair of the mysterious honeypot".

Heated honey
Pisst elephants, brilliant!

Heated honey
I like my honey hot.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Joods, Fireball, Dom

Heated honey
(08-12-2022, 09:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I like my honey hot.

And, within easy reach, I'll bet!

Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus