Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reminder of Username Policy

I just wanted to remind everyone of the 1-name-change policy that we have here on this forum. We carried this policy over from the old forum because it worked well and it fits well with our community. We generally discourage username changes, but the one-name-change policy is intended to cover those times when you outgrow your username, you have a lifestyle change, or you simply didn't like the name you initially signed up with. At the time that you make the request, we advise you of the policy, document your agreement to the policy, and we carry out the name change. 

We have a close-knit community, and we have a lot of trust and confidence that our users will adhere to the letter and the spirit of the policies and rules that we created to help us manage our little corner of the internet. If you feel that an exception to a rule should be made to accommodate a need or desire that you may have, please try reaching out to us to discuss the matter.
The following 4 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Alan V, Dom, c172, Unsapien

(07-26-2022, 09:20 PM)Aliza Wrote: those times when you outgrow your username [...] or you simply didn't like the name you initially signed up with. A

What about when we outgrow our selves, our old views, beliefs and opinions or simply don't like the person we initially we were when we signed up? Consider Tongue

Speaking of names, did I ever tell you that my great grandfather was called Peacock and my so my surname is "Of peacock". Thus, translated into English, my name actually says Faith Of Peacock.

[Image: CommonAromaticDodo.webp]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 4 users Like Vera's post:
  • Aliza, Dom, skyking, GenesisNemesis

(07-26-2022, 10:15 PM)Vera Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 09:20 PM)Aliza Wrote: those times when you outgrow your username [...] or you simply didn't like the name you initially signed up with. A

What about when we outgrow our selves, our old views, beliefs and opinions or simply don't like the person we initially we were when we signed up? Consider Tongue

Speaking of names, did I ever tell you that my great grandfather was called Peacock and my so my surname is "Of peacock". Thus, translated into English, my name actually says Faith Of Peacock.

[Image: CommonAromaticDodo.webp]

I too have faith in peacocks!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Vera

Certainly can't have faith in plain old cocks. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Vera

Not even cocktails?
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Vera

(07-26-2022, 10:19 PM)Dānu Wrote: Certainly can't have faith in plain old cocks.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

And vice versa. (No new cocks either for that matter).

[Image: four-christmases-vince-vaughn.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Speaking of cocktails, I made frozen strawberry daiquiris. The taste was a little weak, so I grabbed what I thought was pomegranate juice and dumped a healthy dose of lime in before noticing my mistake. Not bad, actually.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
  • Aliza

(07-27-2022, 12:02 AM)Dānu Wrote: Speaking of cocktails, I made frozen strawberry daiquiris.  The taste was a little weak, so I grabbed what I thought was pomegranate juice and dumped a healthy dose of lime in before noticing my mistake.  Not bad, actually.

Correct with sugar!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Dānu

Well I'm still unwise so my username is still good. 

If I ever smarten up I'll change it to just sapien,  but not much chance of that happening this late in the game.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

(07-27-2022, 01:04 AM)Unsapien Wrote: Well I'm still unwise so my username is still good. 

If I ever smarten up I'll change it to just sapien,  but not much chance of that happening this late in the game.

That seems wise. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Unsapien

How's Boogerbutt McFartypants Dinglehöffer Jones Esq?

(07-27-2022, 01:36 AM)no one Wrote: How's Boogerbutt McFartypants Dinglehöffer Jones Esq?

He's fine, so long as you don't mention that thing. You know what I'm talking about.

Vivekananda

The danglelydoof incident?

(07-27-2022, 01:45 AM)no one Wrote: The danglelydoof incident?

Shhhh. Ixnay the angledoofeeay.

Vivekananda
  • GenesisNemesis

He announced it, I read his post, and don't have any problem calling him what he wants to be called.
On hiatus.

Nor do I, but I'm glad in general that there's limits on that.
Is this sig thing on?

(07-27-2022, 03:20 AM)c172 Wrote: Nor do I, but I'm glad in general that there's limits on that.

In the scheme of things, is it important? I don't see that.
On hiatus.

With those dark shades, I'm surprised you can see anything.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

If you want your name changed, you can ask us and we will oblige - but only once. We clearly explain at that time that it is only once. We want members to be able to always know who they are talking to. 

Phaedrus had his name change once and did know that it was only allowed once. To avoid being told no, he made a sock. We can't have everyone running around making socks to get around the few rules we have.

His sock is now disabled, the Phaedrus account is alive and well and ready for use.
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • c172

Can nicknames be adopted?

Asking for a friend.

(07-27-2022, 03:39 AM)no one Wrote: Can nicknames be adopted?

Asking for a friend.

Your name is the one that identifies your account, and it can only be changed once. If you want to add a signature with a nick, that's cool.

(07-27-2022, 03:38 AM)no one Wrote: With those dark shades, I'm surprised you can see anything.

I can see color and sarcasm. And ass, I can spot a nice ass a fair ways away.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(07-27-2022, 03:38 AM)Dom Wrote: If you want your name changed, you can ask us and we will oblige - but only once. We clearly explain at that time that it is only once. We want members to be able to always know who they are talking to. 

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Unsapien, Thumpalumpacus, Dom