Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoT spinoff

GoT spinoff
House of the Dragon
Quote:The story of the House Targaryen set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones

Premieres August 21 on HBO

Who's watching?

I don't do cable, so I'd have to find an alternate way of watching it.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • pocaracas

GoT spinoff
HBO MAX?

GoT spinoff
(07-22-2022, 03:31 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I don't do cable,...

You don't have to. HBO does streaming.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

GoT spinoff
HBO Max is pretty good. We have Max, Hulu, Prime, and Netflix (also paramount plus). If it's online, we can watch it...and without any of the ridiculous shit I used to have to go through when I wanted to pirate a movie that wasn't making anyone any money any more.

I'd get rid of Hulu and P Plus, first. It's a matter of season between Netflix and Max.

GoT spinoff
Went ahead and subscribed to HBO Max.

GoT spinoff
This has been very good so far. I'm happy to have been born in the third episode!
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 2 users Like Aegon's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, arewethereyet

GoT spinoff
(09-08-2022, 07:44 PM)Aegon Wrote: This has been very good so far. I'm happy to have been born in the third episode!

Maybe you'll get married off to your much older sister!

GoT spinoff
My mom and I were going to watch the first episode last Monday evening, but she didn't feel like paying the rental fee.  Undecided
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

GoT spinoff
(09-08-2022, 11:57 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: My mom and I were going to watch the first episode last Monday evening, but she didn't feel like paying the rental fee.  Undecided

I'll never be too old to be comfortable watching hard-core sex scenes with my mom.  "Holy shit!  Hey mom, did dad ever ride you as hard as Daemon Targaryen is riding Mysaria?"

GoT spinoff
(09-08-2022, 11:57 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: My mom and I were going to watch the first episode last Monday evening, but she didn't feel like paying the rental fee.  Undecided

You can watch the first episode for free:

[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

GoT spinoff
Really good shit! The characters are totally unpredictable. Wife and I had a good time analyzing character actions and possible motivations episode 4. If you havent seen it and can watch from the start I think it is a good investment (4 shows in). My understanding is next episode is the last for two main actresses as they will then be "aged up" as the story jumps ahead into the future. They were great but on to the next part of the story.

GoT spinoff
For some reason I thought the House of the Dragon was about Queen Matilda, the mother of Henry II, who went through a shit load of history in the 12th century.     What is the House of the Dragon about and how many episodes are there?   If there are more than 10 episodes then I'm out.  I wish to hell these series were shorter. The writers should be able to tell the arch of a story in 10 episodes or less.   I tried to watch Handmaid's Tale and it went on for ever!   I finally gave up.
                                                         T4618

GoT spinoff
(09-14-2022, 01:19 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: For some reason I thought the House of the Dragon was about Queen Matilda, the mother of Henry II, who went through a shit load of history in the 12th century.     What is the House of the Dragon about and how many episodes are there?   If there are more than 10 episodes then I'm out.  I wish to hell these series were shorter. The writers should be able to tell the arch of a story in 10 episodes or less.   I tried to watch Handmaid's Tale and it went on for ever!   I finally gave up.

It's original fantasy stuff- middle age era setting and esthetic with dragons and magic and such- though my understanding is the author was inspired a bit by the English War of the Roses.  HBO.  Don't know how many episodes are planned, but it just started a few weeks ago and episode 4 just aired.  Sunday nights.

We're pretty picky so as soon as something starts to bore us or get too predictable and formulaic we check out.  So far so good on this series, though it is heavy on violence and sexual content.