Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello

Hello
(07-15-2022, 05:11 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Yeah same, I was never a fundamentalist or evangelical but in my own mind I for sure believed and prayed and all that good stuff- then I started looking a little closer...  No offense to Sefan though!  You can be a theist and post here, the more the merrier, etc.

Right, I was more speaking to my own loss of faith rather than trying to argue his own. A decent person is always a welcome addition no matter their outlook.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Kim

Hello
(07-15-2022, 05:08 AM)Aliza Wrote: I am a theist!

Hey @Sefan I hope you enjoy your time here. If you need any pointers, you can PM me. Welcome to the forum. Smile

Wow. That's a wholesome surprise. Nice to meet you Aliza  Smile

Hello
(07-15-2022, 06:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(07-15-2022, 05:11 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Yeah same, I was never a fundamentalist or evangelical but in my own mind I for sure believed and prayed and all that good stuff- then I started looking a little closer...  No offense to Sefan though!  You can be a theist and post here, the more the merrier, etc.

Right, I was more speaking to my own loss of faith rather than trying to argue his own. A decent person is always a welcome addition no matter their outlook.

I have yet to meet a decent rational theist.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Kim

Hello
(07-13-2022, 11:35 AM)Sefan Wrote: I'm Sefan. I'm an undergrad studying Theology and Religion. I'm also an aspiring apologist and evangelist. Not here to proselytize though. I've been lurking these parts for some time and finally decided to take a bold step by opening an account on an atheist forum (yes, I understand the risks involved lol).

So if you've got any questions to ask pertaining to the legitimacy of God's existence, I'll be willing to answer any questions to the best of my capacity.

Welcome to the forums. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Hello
Hello Sefan - glad you could make it. Shy
It's always interesting to have another viewpoint around the place.

Welcome to the forum. Smile