Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least 40 found dead in a semitruck in San Antonio

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local...6e65123a17

SAN ANTONIO — More than 40 people were found dead inside a semitruck in far southwest San Antonio Monday evening, multiple law enforcement sources tell KENS 5. 
A heavy law enforcement presence made up of over 20 emergency vehicles was deployed to the area of Quintana Road and Cassin Drive around 6 p.m., converging at a semitruck. That's on the far southwest side, south of Pearsall Park.

It’s unknown if anyone has been detained. 
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Kim

Local public radio is reporting that victims now number over 50.
On hiatus.

It's interesting how our focus is always too narrow.  When kids were found dead inside refrigerators they couldn't open the doors of laws were passed mandating that refrigerator doors be openable from inside.  No laws were passed mandating that ANY enclosure large enough to contain a person be made exitable.  Semi-truck trailer and shipping container doors to this day can only be opened from outside, yet using the containers to house people is common, even if the housing in such containers is for illegal purposes.

How sad.  These poor people.  Without the Mexican population coming up here and doing all the shit work that most Americans won't do our economy would collapes.

I'm in a hotel room right now and two maids from Mexico are here as I type this changing the sheets and bedding because my husband was sick from eating too much food last night.   I'm going to tip them big time.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • c172, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

I'm wondering how many of these situations are actually mass murders.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • c172

I heard a guy from the local government there say that the area needs a lot more workers and that they would gladly take in a lot of immigrants if it was legal to do so. They can't find people to fill those jobs. And we wonder why we have supply chain issues exacerbating inflation.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Not all border crossers are Mexicans.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Racist murricans make no distinction between Mexicans and Central Americans.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

I saw this and some asshole republicans are trying to blame Biden. Like Biden or not, it is not his fault. The Coyote and truck driver are solely responsible. 

The GQP have no fucking business claiming they care after supporting an asshole who once called Mexicans rapists and used the word "Caravan" acting like those innocent people who simply don't want to die from famine or natural disasters or crime or civil unrest and implied they were like a cockroach infestation. FUCK THE ORANGE TURD AND FUCK THE GQP.
 Check out my atheist poetry here... https://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 I also go by "RationalPoet"@brianrrs37 on Twitter and "Brian James" Rational Poet on FB. 
The following 2 users Like Brian37's post:
  • Minimalist, Deesse23

(06-28-2022, 09:31 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Not all border crossers are Mexicans.

IIRC eight of these victims were Guatemalan and two were Honduran.
On hiatus.

(06-28-2022, 09:31 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Not all border crossers are Mexicans.

Does it even remotely matter where they came from? They're dead, and that's all that matters.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(06-29-2022, 02:07 PM)abaris Wrote:

Does it even remotely matter where they came from? They're dead, and that's all that matters.

Of course. I think the statement was just pointing out that in the US haters of brown people call everyone south of the border Mexican, which doesn't sit too well south of the border of course. South America has a very diverse population and they, and of course the actual Mexicans, hate this misnomer.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Deesse23, c172

Probably terrible victims of the "invisible wall" that is US immigration policies which are both a labyrinth to navigate on purpose and very restrictive in terms of number of admission. That immigration reform cannot come sooner, but with such a Congress and so many other problems on the table, I doubt we will see it arrive in Congress. It's just been an issue that all POTUS have tried to address without much success since George W Bush.
The following 2 users Like epronovost's post:
  • abaris, Dom