Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your all time fav TV show intro music.

MSCL intro and outro were pretty good.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Phaedrus

On hiatus.

I like the music opening Picard. Don't like the show much though. Maybe Season three will be different.

Same intro music in both videos, but redone for season 5. The first video Lamont looks a bit uptight. The second video he looks more relaxed with that we're now a success look.

(04-18-2022, 05:13 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: I didn't completely agree with the direction this show went, but it was definitely one of the most interesting shows I've ever seen. I actually feel like they should've left some things as mysteries, that way they wouldn't have had  to tie themselves into knots trying to explain them. Loved all of the character-building though.

(04-18-2022, 05:52 PM)arewethereyet Wrote: Back to your regularly scheduled - not M*A*S*H thread.

I liked LOST, right up till the end.  I did an old school binge on it...getting the videos from Blockbuster till I got caught up...I was late to the party.

I'm absolutely convinced that they were going for a "they're in purgatory" reveal (which is trite and stupid in its own right) but when people guessed it (and the show became hugely popular so they decided to drag it on and on) they decided to go for... whatever it is they went for in the end hobo

And yeah, I was captivated the first time around, even rewatched it several times, though the last seasons were more of a comedy than anything serious. Now that I have zero interest in anything romantic, I find it entirely uninteresting as so much really *was* a soap opera. Still, LOST really was one of the seminal shows of its time, for all its faults.

Me, I always sing along to the Cheers theme song. It's a classic for a reason:

Severance (I really hope they don't fuck up the second season) has an interesting intro though it creeps me out so I tended to fast forward through it:

Not a theme song but this song in one of the movies that has affected me most in my life, The Tracker, really stands out (RIP Archie Roach  Sadcryface )

ETA: I just found out that the Indigenous Australian actor in this move, David Gulpilil, died last year as well and it's made me genuinely and deeply sad Sadcryface
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

I see that shit every six hours.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H., Star Trek... And I bet there is one that escapes me at the moment.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(12-07-2022, 10:10 AM)Cavebear Wrote: Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H., Star Trek...  And I bet there is one that escapes me at the moment.
Loretta Young Show
My Three Sons
Dream of Genie
Wagon Trail
Bonanza
My Mother The Car
Mannix
Maverik
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

(12-07-2022, 10:59 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 10:10 AM)Cavebear Wrote: Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H., Star Trek...  And I bet there is one that escapes me at the moment.
Loretta Young Show
My Three Sons
Dream of Genie
Wagon Trail
Bonanza
My Mother The Car
Mannix
Maverik

I was forgetting Bonanza.  Thanks.

Maverick was good,  I don't remember the others. They didn't seem that "musical"?

Thematic music associated with TV shows, at least the opening music, was intended to let you know "that show" was coming on. Didn't have to be a toe-tapper, it was meant to get people in front of the TV. Gotta sell that soap!
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

This music is so Leonard Rossiter!

(12-07-2022, 01:43 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Thematic music associated with TV shows, at least the opening music, was intended to let you know "that show" was coming on. Didn't have to be a toe-tapper, it was meant to get people in front of the TV. Gotta sell that soap!

I wish they were selling soap! These days it is all medications or gambling sites (for suckers). But I get your point. If I channel-surf and hear a familiar theme song, I'll hesitate and watch. They have a stronger pull than an ad. If I hear the M*A*S*H or Star Trek themes, I'll stop and see which episode it is. Some, I cannot resist watching.

(12-07-2022, 11:49 PM)Camaro Dude Wrote: This music is so Leonard Rossiter!

OK, a clear Generation Gap thing here.  I have NO idea what Rising Damp is or who Leonard Rossiter is.  And I won't even Google it  Tongue

The first three years MASH was on I saw one episode a year. The rest of the time I was elsewhere, probably living on a volcano.

(12-08-2022, 12:22 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 11:49 PM)Camaro Dude Wrote: This music is so Leonard Rossiter!

OK, a clear Generation Gap thing here.  I have NO idea what Rising Damp is or who Leonard Rossiter is.  And I won't even Google it  Tongue
If you've seen the movies 2001 A Space Odyssey, you've been exposed to the antics of LR in a minor role.

The following 1 user Likes Camaro Dude's post:
  • Cavebear

(12-07-2022, 12:11 AM)Camaro Dude Wrote: Same intro music in both videos, but redone for season 5. The first video Lamont looks a bit uptight. The second video he looks more relaxed with that we're now a success look.

Quincy Jones!
On hiatus.

(12-09-2022, 04:50 PM)Camaro Dude Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 12:22 AM)Cavebear Wrote: OK, a clear Generation Gap thing here.  I have NO idea what Rising Damp is or who Leonard Rossiter is.  And I won't even Google it  Tongue
If you've seen the movies 2001 A Space Odyssey, you've been exposed to the antics of LR in a minor role.

Thank you.  I looked him up on Wiki.  He certainly seems to have had an active career!  But none of his roles provided me the least memory.  I guess some careers are like that.

(12-09-2022, 09:39 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 12:11 AM)Camaro Dude Wrote: Same intro music in both videos, but redone for season 5. The first video Lamont looks a bit uptight. The second video he looks more relaxed with that we're now a success look.

Quincy Jones!
Yes! I totally forgot about that.
  • Thumpalumpacus

(12-10-2022, 09:45 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 04:50 PM)Camaro Dude Wrote: If you've seen the movies 2001 A Space Odyssey, you've been exposed to the antics of LR in a minor role.

Thank you.  I looked him up on Wiki.  He certainly seems to have had an active career!  But none of his roles provided me the least memory.  I guess some careers are like that.
I know he's not very well known in the U.S., except by diehard British comedy fans. Rising Damp I don't think ever made it to American T.V. (most British imports go to PBS) because of some racist implications. I think he's more famous in America as Reginald Perrin (The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin).
  • Cavebear

(12-10-2022, 10:59 PM)Camaro Dude Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 09:45 AM)Cavebear Wrote: Thank you.  I looked him up on Wiki.  He certainly seems to have had an active career!  But none of his roles provided me the least memory.  I guess some careers are like that.
I know he's not very well known in the U.S., except by diehard British comedy fans. Rising Damp I don't think ever made it to American T.V. (most British imports go to PBS) because of some racist implications. I think he's more famous in America as Reginald Perrin (The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin).

Ah, that explains a lot. I'm more into Science Channel, History Channel, National Geographic Channel, and MSNBC or CNN. And weird animated shows like 'Rick&Morty'.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Camaro Dude

This is one of the best pieces of music ever invented.