Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a PS5 yet?

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
How did you get it?

I've ordered it twice from places that confirmed as having it in stock, and both times the order was canceled.

This is just getting ridiculous.

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
You'll get nothing and like it!
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Phaedrus, brewerb

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
Uh, ah, mine just arrived.

[Image: My-ps5.jpg]

Show ContentSpoiler:
The following 4 users Like Fake Messiah's post:
  • Thingymebob, vulcanlogician, Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
I switched to PC after the PS3/XBox360 generation. I haven't seen anything compelling enough to make me switch back. PS5 shortages have done little to change my opinion. I'm still using a 1080p TV, so my GTX1070 has been strong enough for everything I play, & had no problem even with VR in my gen 1 Vive. I did try to help a Puerto Rican friend get a PS5 for a while. I wasn't successful, but he managed to find one on his own about a year ago. Gran Turismo 7 had me momentarily nostalgic for my console days, but the online requirement & microtransaction push killed that quickly.
The following 1 user Likes isbelldl's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
Yeah, I guess if someone is a gamer the PC is the logical choice because you can play pirated games. But I remember when I was a kid, I had Sega Genesis and my cousin had a PC and I did start to envy him because he didn't always have to caugh $50 to own/ play some game (because PC gaming piracy in the 90s was heavy) like I did, but looking back now I do feel that Sega gave me a unique gaming experience that I probably would not have on the PC.

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
I know technology is advanced enough to use a controller on the PC, but I tried it before and it wouldn't take. Seems a hassle.

Using the keyboard for PC gaming is just annoying. I tried it with the Dragon Age games, and having to pause the game every five seconds to properly engage is no fun.

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
I miss my old NES. I loved Super Mario, and some others like RC-Pro-AM, Double Dribble, Kung Fu and many more. but I got out of the loop in the early 90'.s. I've done some Facebook gaming, but that's about it.
Is this sig thing on?

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
Went ahead and registered with Playstation for a chance to be chosen to purchase one. It's a really sad state of affairs when that's the only way you can get a particular product.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Dom

Anyone have a PS5 yet?
Oh, I play almost exclusively with a controller on PC. XBox One & XBox Series controllers are natively supported in Windows (xinput), & most games from the last decade support them. I do have some 8BitDo controllers that I use for older or 2D games, or ones that only work with directinput. The M30 is my preference for those situations, and for use on my Genesis on that note. Not sure when you last tried Phaedrus, but I'd recommend giving it a 2nd chance.

I do agree that early consoles were a different enough experience to be worth having over or in addition to a PC. I played exclusively on console from the NES days up to PS3. I still have most of my old consoles as well. It's just that since then, almost everything has been cross platform, & consoles are no longer quick plug & play experiences. When I have to deal with installs, downloaded updates, & drive space concerns, I no longer see the convenience of a console. That said, if you want one for yourself, go for it. Phaedrus, good luck with the PlayStation lottery.

Also, I don't pirate these days. Between GoG, Steam, & Humble Bundle, I've already cheaply purchased more games than I will ever have time to play. Piracy just isn't worth the hassle anymore.
The following 1 user Likes isbelldl's post:
  • Phaedrus