Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Recall Election - Tuesday

(09-15-2021, 04:26 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:36 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: California's Recall Election is finally here on Tuesday.

Keep - 56.2%
Remove - 41.6%
Keep - +14.1%

Real Clear Politics
Remove - 41.4%
Do Not Remove - 56.4%
Do Not Remove - +15%

Looks like Newsom's going to stay governor and Larry Elder is gonna take it in the shorts,
Wednesday morning at Faux Noise is going to be fun.

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Seems that the polls underestimated the result by a significant margin.

Which is a good thing. I think Elder's supporters did a great service to the Dems. More than they know.
They have not one shred of evidence that there was any voter fraud. None AT ALL.
I wish I could have gone with them, ... my parents went to a high-falutin' victory party last evening.
Everyone there was happy, and saying that the more the Republicans claim fraud, the more the public says "yeah, right, that old BS".
It's old. Very old. It was new and shocking once ... but in the immortal words of Inspector Clouseau, in the best line in all of movies,
"Not any more". Tongue Tongue Tongue

I fart in your general direction.  Angel

Yes! Polls showed Newson ahead by 14% - 15% but final total was 67% - 33%. Newsom won out by +34%. Far better than the polls. This is encouraging. DeSantis and Abbott are a warning shot of just how bad things get with an incompetent far right governor at the helm.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 4 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Cavebear, Dom, Thumpalumpacus, Alan V

(Yesterday, 04:57 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Yes!  Polls showed Newson ahead by 14% - 15% but final total was 67% - 33%.  Newsom won out by +34%.  Far better than the polls.  This is encouraging. DeSantis and Abbott are a warning shot of just how bad things get with an incompetent far right governor at the helm.

It was a CRUSH!  And the message from the recall effort was that when Democrats focus on Covid and infrastructure issues, the Republicans are dead meat.  I'll give a nod to Larry Elder as the obviously horrible alternate choice for Governor, but he is pretty much a typical Republican candidate these days.
I never had monsters under the bed, in the closet, or an imaginary friend.  Where did I go wrong?
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Fireball

(Yesterday, 04:57 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: Yes!  Polls showed Newson ahead by 14% - 15% but final total was 67% - 33%.  Newsom won out by +34%.  Far better than the polls.  This is encouraging. DeSantis and Abbott are a warning shot of just how bad things get with an incompetent far right governor at the helm.

As in any election the key lies in getting democrats off their asses.  Interestingly the Trumptards seem able to motivate them just by being their normal assholish selves.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(Yesterday, 05:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote:

As in any election the key lies in getting democrats off their asses.  Interestingly  the Trumptards seem able to motivate them just by being their normal assholish selves.

I think elections for some time to come will be entirely about turnout, given the polarization we're suffering.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom