Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does God actually do?

(10-20-2021, 05:36 PM)Free Wrote: Try putting the string in quotes such as:

"Man is helpless, he has no ability or capability to help himself,"

It will take you to here:

https://www.nairaland.com/6805376/what-d...actually/1 

Creepy.
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(10-20-2021, 05:40 PM)Alan V Wrote:

Creepy.

It's disturbing.

It's like one guy has created multiple accounts on that website so that it can make it appear as though numerous people are engaging in the conversation.

It's a fraud, but why?
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 2 users Like Free's post:
  • Alan V, Mr Greene

(10-19-2021, 11:04 AM)Black Lion Wrote: I will only start to take your criticism serious when you start presenting the Bible the right way in your criticism. For now I don't see you as a critic of the scriptures, but one who need to be taught properly and rightly.

LMAO. Sorry Black Pussy Cat, but no.
It's "seriously" not "serious". Are you an educated person ? Looks like not.
No one cares or expects that an ignoramus such as yourself would take anything seriously here.
Obviously you have no formal education in the Bible beyond Sunday School.
There are all kinds of disagreements among real Biblical scholars, (whom you are so totally ignorant of, you don't even know their names).
Not one of the real scholars EVER says, or said, there is a "proper" or "right way" to read or hear your Babble. There are 35,000 sects of Christians.
Are you saying YOUR way is better than all of them ? LOL As a matter of fact, it's YOU that actually know virtually nothing about what scholars of the OT know and teach in their classrooms. The historicity of the OT has been totally debunked by the very best of Israeli archaeologists.

Quote:And back in the day, I was no different. I know from experience how believers insulate themselves from the cognitive dissonance created by their departures from reason. It spares you having to engage in honest discourse, and most importantly, it means you don't have to engage with the actual points anyone raises with you.

Any point you raise is honestly countered and REFUTED here. No one cares about your personal anecdotal history. It's irrelevant.
IF you attempt to make ANY point, you must reference which scholar you are quoting or referencing. Your personal opinions are worth zero. You are no scholar, and in no position to say anything about ancient Near Eastern Literature, as you obviously have no education in the subject. Having a BIASED personal opinion because you are a believer means nothing.

Quote:Unless and until you leave the reality distortion field that you exist in, as I did, you'll never even see the arrogance in your statement I quoted above, much less the thin air under you feet where you think you are standing on solid ground.

Assertion with no evidence. More claims, with no support. Have you thought of taking a debate class ?

Quote:It's unsurprising to know you were sucked in Bible classes, but unfortunately, reading the Bible or attending the best Bible school or becoming the Pope isn't the yard stick of understanding the scriptures. 

LMAO
Of course we all know that yardstick is whether we agree with you, LOL
BTW, it's "suckled", (but your posts do suck).

Quote:The scriptures are evident of itself and your thoughts and explanation must be in knowing to all that is said from Genesis to revelation. 

The scriptures' are evidence of nothing, your assertions and unsupported CLAIMS notwithstanding. You don't even get how to *have* a debate.

Quote:Whether you are a critic or a supporter of it, your argument must be sufficient enough to prove that the scriptures was consistent in teaching what you posit as true or as false. [/i]That is how theology is handle.[/i]

No and no and no. The Bible is literature, and scripture is not theology. It's also not "handle" but "handled".
How about you practice what you preach. You have made no sufficient arguments. All you do is proclaim you opinions with no support.
You can't even do what is your own standard. What sort of idiots do you think we are. You have noting to offer here, Mr. Leon.

Quote:But for now, we keep focus on your immediate assumption on Christians around the world.

Oh really ? Which of the 35,000 sects of Christians are you talking about.
Actually this is not YOUR thread. We'll talk about whatever we want, and respond to your garbage in any way we see fit.

Quote:Take this from my simple heart.
Your days in Bible class or school weren't wasted but definitely you were taught wrongly.

LOL. And of course you think we were all just waiting for you to show up to teach us ? LOLOLOL
You may be a simpleton, but guess what ? You actually would FLUNK out of Bible 101 at any university in the world.
Test

Creepy.

It looked creepy to me too. That’s why I reported it. Now it’s just a puzzle, which I still haven’t completely solved..
The following 1 user Likes jimhabegger's post:
  • Alan V

(10-20-2021, 11:03 PM)jimhabegger Wrote:

Creepy.

It looked creepy to me too. That’s why I reported it. Now it’s just a puzzle, which I still haven’t completely solved..

When was the last time Black Lion posted?  It seems like it's been almost a day ago?  He probably read your post and realized the quote mining jig was up.  Ewww, it is really creepy.
                                                         T4618

I don't know what the point of that post-copying exercise was, particularly if it wasn't doctored with some kind of agenda. It may be that whoever did it wasn't Black Lion; for example it could have been the owner of that site trying to crib provocative content to make a site seem more active than it really is.

OTOH even if that weren't happening, I don't know what Black Lion gets out of being our chew toy. If he thought he was going to demolish our apostasy with his brilliant arguments, he should have figured out by now that it wasn't going to happen.

I mean ... his best argument is "you are wrong, like millions of others, but unlike me, about what the Bible really means". And he LEADS with it. What can I say ... the delusion is strong in this one.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Kim

(10-20-2021, 11:36 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: When was the last time Black Lion posted?  It seems like it's been almost a day ago?  He probably read your post and realized the quote mining jig was up.  Ewww, it is really creepy.

"Quote mining"! Exactly the words I've been looking for. Thank you!

(10-20-2021, 05:17 AM)brunumb Wrote: What is going on???

(10-20-2021, 05:49 PM)Free Wrote: It's a fraud, but why?

(10-20-2021, 11:54 PM)mordant Wrote: I don't know what the point of that post-copying exercise was, particularly if it wasn't doctored with some kind of agenda. It may be that whoever did it wasn't Black Lion; for example it could have been the owner of that site trying to crib provocative content to make a site seem more active than it really is.

OTOH even if that weren't happening, I don't know what Black Lion gets out of being our chew toy. If he thought he was going to demolish our apostasy with his brilliant arguments, he should have figured out by now that it wasn't going to happen.

I mean ... his best argument is "you are wrong, like millions of others, but unlike me, about what the Bible really means". And he LEADS with it. What can I say ... the delusion is strong in this one.

Facts:

1. Most of the copying from here to there is under one name over there, with modifications that I think would require human or artificial intelligence.

2. Some time in the past, that person started a thread, denouncing anti-atheism in Nigeria.

My current theory:

That person is on a rampage in that forum, denouncing some Christian beliefs, and using this forum to get information and ideas for that, by feeding into this forum what people say over there, defending their beliefs, then using the responses generated here, for posting over there.
The following 1 user Likes jimhabegger's post:
  • Alan V

I'm feeling sad now. I think we might have lost Black Lion. I was actually hoping they would come out in the open about what they were doing. I'm interested now in their story, after reading the threads they started in the past in the other forum, and there's still a part of the puzzle I haven't solved, about posts from here being copied under more than one name over there.

ETA:

So here's the latest news about what some god or gods called "God" actually does/do, from the other forum:

Quote:Crystyano: Please Can you help me with any amount of money? I will be very grateful Please....... I need to get some foodstuffs 

hupernikao: Bro, this is better done in a dm or is it PM nairaland calls it. You can do that. 

Crystyano: I have tried to send an email Did you receive any?? I will be grateful if you can help me

(10-21-2021, 01:39 AM)jimhabegger Wrote: I'm feeling sad now. I think we might have lost Black Lion. I was actually hoping they would come out in the open about what they were doing. I'm interested now in their story, after reading the threads they started in the past in the other forum, and there's still a part of the puzzle I haven't solved, about posts from here being copied under more than one name over there.

ETA:

So here's the latest news about what a god called "God" actually does, from the other forum:

Quote:Crystyano: Please Can you help me with any amount of money? I will be very grateful Please....... I need to get some foodstuffs 

hupernikao: Bro, this is better done in a dm or is it PM nairaland calls it. You can do that. 

Crystyano: I have tried to send an email Did you receive any?? I will be grateful if you can help me

Looks to be like some kind of setup for a scam. Create a forum, steal a discussion from another forum, hope the new forum gets some traffic, and then beg the posters for money.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 1 user Likes Free's post:
  • Kim

(10-20-2021, 05:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:And back in the day, I was no different. I know from experience how believers insulate themselves from the cognitive dissonance created by their departures from reason. It spares you having to engage in honest discourse, and most importantly, it means you don't have to engage with the actual points anyone raises with you.

Any point you raise is honestly countered and REFUTED here. No one cares about your personal anecdotal history. It's irrelevant.
IF you attempt to make ANY point, you must reference which scholar you are quoting or referencing. Your personal opinions are worth zero. You are no scholar, and in no position to say anything about ancient Near Eastern Literature, as you obviously have no education in the subject. Having a BIASED personal opinion because you are a believer means nothing.  

Quote:Unless and until you leave the reality distortion field that you exist in, as I did, you'll never even see the arrogance in your statement I quoted above, much less the thin air under you feet where you think you are standing on solid ground.

Assertion with no evidence. More claims, with no support. Have you thought of taking a debate class ?

Did you know that the person you were quoting there was mordant?

Black Lion Wrote:All these you are saying about the Bible is absolutely in divergence to all the Bible stands for, they were never taught in the Bible.

Black Lion Wrote:What I mean is that, you have been fed with wrong information and your knowledge and mindset is built around this.

Black Lion Wrote:You have a wrong background in scriptural truth, you have been fed with lies by
one who either deliberately or accidental fed you with false doctrine. It shows in all your write up.

Please tell us, what does the bible say about slavery in Exodus 21. What is the bibles position on slavery?
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Mr Greene

(10-20-2021, 12:14 AM)jimhabegger Wrote: This is funny. In response to this:

(10-19-2021, 11:04 AM)Black Lion Wrote: ... reading the Bible or attending the best Bible school or becoming the Pope isn't the yard stick of understanding the scriptures.

I posted this:

(10-19-2021, 01:48 PM)jimhabegger Wrote: I attended Babble classes, but I don't remember anything about yardsticks, or any kind of corporal punishment at all.

to see if it would be copied into the Nairaland forum. Here it is:

(10-20-2021, 05:17 AM)brunumb Wrote: OMG!  I followed that link and at the top of the page there was a post from hupernikao replying to a post with the three questions I asked Black Lion earlier in this thread.  This is what I found:

Quote:GodHead85:

Ok

if you don't mind, I want to ask you some questions....
1. How old were you when you first came to believe in God?
2 Had you read the Bible before you became a believer?
3. What specifically convinced you that Bible God was real?

The questions allegedly asked by GodHead85 were basically the same as mine.  What is going on???

That complicates the story for me. Most of the posts copied from here to the other forum have been under the name of Tamaratonye1, but at least two times, it was under the name of GodHead85. Looking at what they've posted in the past, they look like two different people to me. Somehow, that makes it creepy for me again.

"What does god actually do " this is an easy one for me since I was introduced to god by the easter bunny . We met up with santa claus for a drink and he told me he spends most of his time into sex and drugs .
 All I know is that I know nothing
The following 1 user Likes Antonio's post:
  • Minimalist