Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics anyone?

Olympics anyone?
(08-11-2021, 05:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 05:30 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 08:00 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Again I don't see why breakdancing doesn't qualify. It's as physical as any other intensive sport. As are sport-climbing, and surfing. Not sure what your standards are. Not that I care that much about the Olympics anyway.

I would imagine because it's not a sport mate, it's a very energetic dancing/art form, it's certainly very skillful and it encompasses some gymnastical abilities but where do you draw the line? Will we see Olympic ballet/tango/waltzing/Morris dancing in future events? Tbh it wouldn't surprise me.

Guess I could see that argument. Still don't understand why surfing or sport climbing wouldn't count though. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Those two are definitely sports and ones I'd watch too. I agree with you 100% about both of them, I'd enjoy watching surfing in particular.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Olympics anyone?
(08-11-2021, 05:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Guess I could see that argument. Still don't understand why surfing or sport climbing wouldn't count though.

Huh

Both surfing and climbing were included in the Olympics for the first time this year.

Olympics anyone?
(08-11-2021, 06:38 PM)Alan V Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 05:44 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Guess I could see that argument. Still don't understand why surfing or sport climbing wouldn't count though.

Huh

Both surfing and climbing were included in the Olympics for the first time this year.

I know, those were some of the ones SYZ was complaining about.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V, SYZ

Olympics anyone?
Can I suggest for the next Olympics the IOC includes skydiving, water skiing,  lawn bowling, paintball, SCUBA diving,
hang gliding, fishing, pilates, Monopoly, speed-reading, cheese making, poetry, and stamp collecting?

—Passions, games, and sports practiced by millions of people around the world every day.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.