Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Butcher of Bosnia or a martyr?

OK, sorry for this click-baitish title, but Ratko Mladic, the "Butcher of Bosnia" has just lost his appeal. To no one's surprise.

What *I* can't wrap my head around is the fact that the presiding judge, Prisca Matimba Nyambe apparently disagreed with pretty much everything, believed he deserved a retrial and even "had admiring words for Mladić himself, pointing for example to a meeting in the Hotel Fontana in which he browbeat the hapless Dutch UN commander into handing over the Muslim civilians, noting that the general had been “welcoming, offering comforts to the attendees such as cigarettes, beer, and sandwiches for lunch”."

This is the same man who during his trial shouted at the families of his victims "I'll fuck your mothers" (the way people swear in Serbian (and Bulgarian)). His own daughter committed suicide possibly because of what was happening and what her father was doing. And THIS is a man a high standing judge presiding over the trial for one of the most barbaric crimes against humanity in recent years thinks does not deserve to be imprisoned.

My revulsion is comparable to that I feel for Aung San Suu Kyi.

Show ContentSpoiler:
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 5 users Like Vera's post:
  • Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, Szuchow, Peebothuhlu, Tres Leches

Extremist pigs find fans and followers in all walks of life. We have our share of idiot judges here in America.

I'm glad Mladic lost his appeal and will live out his days in prison.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Tres Leches