Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When and where is your post-vaccination vacation going to be?

I want to go to a ball game. The Twins suck this year, but I don't care.

There's also a concert that I'd like to see. Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jett. But ground-level seats at the opposite end of the stadium are $170-190 and the 50-yard line is $220.
[Image: sea-stones-whimsy-7-sm.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Kim

(05-14-2021, 08:54 PM)adey67 Wrote: The cemetery....... Nah, only kidding, I won't be going anywhere, holidays are over rated expensive forms of guff and I just don't get why they're so popular I haven't had one in well over a decade and I haven't missed it but each to their own.

IK,R? Why go to a foreign country where potentially no one speaks your language, to get your pocket picked? It's just as easy to do that at home.  hobo
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, adey67

(05-14-2021, 07:03 PM)trdsf Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 09:06 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:31 AM)trdsf Wrote: Both are here in town.

The normal October one is Ohio Valley Filk Fest, which is basically a music convention for SF/fantasy fans.  That's a terribly incomplete definition, but anything more accurate will rapidly turn into tl;dr  Smile They haven't committed to an in-person convention yet; they're going to make the decision on June 1.  I'm hoping.  The virtual con last October was great, but this is my never-miss event.  I've been to every one since 1990.

The time-shifted convention is Origins Game Fair, which is usually in June but will this year be 9/30-10/3.  I'm not much of a gamer anymore, but I love the Dealers Room, and I never miss the Smithee Awards.

And I'm glad I looked, Neil's been rescheduled to September, not October.

OK, but not driving to OHIO.  Tell me when it is near DC.

Those are always in Ohio, sorry.  We were supposed to have NASFIC here last year, but COVID ate that -- there's a NASFIC (North American Science FIction Convention) whenever Worldcon is held overseas.  I'm hoping we get a mulligan on that one.

Now, the 2021 Worldcon is going to be in DC this year, in December

I'll put that on my calendars. Real ones. Cats, butterflies, astronomy... One can never have too many calendars of good pictures.
Atheist born and when I die, still an atheist...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Twice in the past week i’ve gone for a walk without a mask on my face or dangling from my ears.  That’s felt like a vacation in itself,
god, ugh
The following 3 users Like julep's post:
  • Cavebear, GenesisNemesis, Bcat

(05-15-2021, 12:40 AM)julep Wrote: Twice in the past week i’ve gone for a walk without a mask on my face or dangling from my ears.  That’s felt like a vacation in itself,

I can imagine that. But the only time I ever leave my yard is to go shopping, and I will still wear a mask there (for probably the rest of 2021). I've had my shots, but apparently there is still a risk I could have some variant, so I wear it for others.
Atheist born and when I die, still an atheist...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Kim

(05-14-2021, 11:01 PM)Dānu Wrote: I want to go to a ball game.  The Twins suck this year, but I don't care.
Yeah, I'm hoping to get to see my Mud Hens play the local Clippers this year.  I just need to make damn sure I'm in the right part of the ballpark.  Big Grin
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dānu