Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't hug me, I'm scared

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Hello, my name is Teddy. I'm an atheist and I am looking to branch out and get involved in communities of like-minded people. At least on the "there's no god" aspect. I am surrounded by theists and I find it hard to connect with them about the things I like or things that matter to me. But that's the good thing about the internet, right? You can make friends who aren't physically present.
The following 3 users Like Teddy's post:
  • Aliza, TheGentlemanBastard, Kim

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Welcome !
test signature

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Hi there and welcome! Many here are in the same boat as you. Make yourself at home!  Thumbs Up
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Teddy

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Hiyas, and welcome.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Teddy

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Did you know Pooh ?
Test

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Welcome.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

Don't hug me, I'm scared
(05-05-2021, 01:24 AM)Teddy Wrote: You can make friends who aren't physically present.

Believe me, there're many on this planet who aren't, in fact, present, in various senses of that word, but, yes, there're many paths to friendships, at all definitions of that word, in the buzz of anonymous electrons herein, so welcome!  Sun

Have you got an opening idea you'd like to take off your jacket and set out on the table?  Or several?
The following 2 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Teddy, Inkubus

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Howdy Teddy!

Don't hug me, I'm scared
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum.     Sun
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Quote: You can make friends who aren't physically present.

Sometimes they are the best kind.  They can't annoy you to help them move a couch or something.

Welcome.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Teddy, skyking

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Welcome
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Teddy

Don't hug me, I'm scared
(05-05-2021, 03:02 AM)airportkid Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 01:24 AM)Teddy Wrote: You can make friends who aren't physically present.

Believe me, there're many on this planet who aren't, in fact, present, in various senses of that word, but, yes, there're many paths to friendships, at all definitions of that word, in the buzz of anonymous electrons herein, so welcome!  Sun

Have you got an opening idea you'd like to take off your jacket and set out on the table?  Or several?

I had one in particular that urged me to sign up last night but I'm still getting my thoughts together.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!
The following 3 users Like Teddy's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus, skyking

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Hug
R.I.P. Hannes

Don't hug me, I'm scared
[Image: welcome_train.gif]
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Hello, Teddy. Welcome to the forum. Smile

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Welcome, Mr Bear.   I'm assuming that's your last name.    Winking     Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • airportkid

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Welcome Teddy!

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Tacos?

They're better than hugs.

Don't hug me, I'm scared
(05-06-2021, 03:17 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Welcome, Mr Bear.   I'm assuming that's your last name.

I thought it might be Sezown-Liukin-Pruhvenn-Phourice-Phyrz, Jr. and so was omitted for brevity.  Either that or Roosevelt.  Tongue

Don't hug me, I'm scared
Welcome aboard!