Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick-shift or automatic?

I'm from the UK so the majority of cars here are manual. It's just the way we do things. Automatics are normally reserved for those who are not confident with driving as as whole or those who have some sort of disability also.

Not sure what it's like across the pond with Manual/Automatics but I find Manuals to be easy enough to use, just takes a bit of practice.
The following 3 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, adey67

The first car I tried to drive was stick shift, but it was late-night parking lot driving of the "Here, you try" variety while getting a lift home.  Didn't do enough of it to get proficient with the clutch.

When I finally got my license, it was with an automatic.  I'm not averse to learning how to drive standard, but someone will have to make it worth my while by giving me the car.   Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Astreja's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(04-26-2021, 04:16 AM)Astreja Wrote: I'm not averse to learning how to drive standard, but someone will have to make it worth my while by giving me the car.   Big Grin

Keep us posted Tongue
On hiatus.

The new throttle pedal arrived for the dump truck, which should help out tremendously. The last couple of weeks It has been broken at the hinge. This was next-level driving challenge stuff. It was a bit randomized Tongue
test signature
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • abaris, Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus

(04-26-2021, 03:16 PM)skyking Wrote: The new throttle pedal arrived for the dump truck, which should help out tremendously. The last couple of weeks It has been broken at the hinge. This was next-level driving challenge stuff. It was a bit randomized Tongue

Reminds me on when the transmission gave up on one of my cars in the middle of driving home. Only the third gear stayed put and was available for the rest of the drive, which was kind of challenging. Especially when having to stop at a red light and getting the car in gear again.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

The truck had a chronic cab leak problem which i addressed by re sealing the cab lights, but the water did its thing to the aluminum and steel.
[Image: PXL_20210426_165938580.jpg]

[Image: PXL_20210426_165928741.jpg]
test signature
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23