Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buy a House For Only $1.00
Question 
Can someone in the US please tell me if this $1 house sale is legitimate?

From my perspective, it has to be a setup, as nobody in their right mind is gonna pay millions
for houses and then virtually give them away for nothing.  Is it a scam of some sort, or are they
all just paid actors making funny videos?    Or am I just too slow in getting the joke?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Bunch of loud, nauseating, overenthusiastic wankers promoting their website?

Sometimes people in foreclosure just dump their house, but rarely for a dollar and they won't be looking like that pic.

Friends or family sometimes transfer houses for a dollar to each other, for tax reasons.

I doubt you'll find any of those in public sales, unless it has to be torn down for structural reasons and built back from scratch. I once came across a beautiful Victorian house with turrets and all for 1000, back in the seventies when the area houses sold for like 35 000. The project was too daunting for me at the time, in retrospect I probably should have jumped on it, but I already was working on a dilapidated house then.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • SYZ

Advertising. Though I suspect something is amiss, because on the first sale, when they put the dollar in the suitcase, they said, "...deposit...".
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Dom

(03-07-2021, 01:32 PM)Fireball Wrote: Advertising. Though I suspect something is amiss, because on the first sale, when they put the dollar in the suitcase, they said, "...deposit...".

It's just an ad.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

This is legit though, dying little town in italy wanting to bring in new money.
https://1eurohouses.com/not-a-joke-heres...e-fck-now/
test signature

It's probably legit, but the guys selling it are making the money on the clicks, not in real estate. Some other guy does stuff like this and gives huge amounts of money away or lets people go on shopping sprees on camera. He pays for everything at the checkout on camera with his own credit card, but the money he's spending is from the even huger pool of income that's coming in from the clicks.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • SYZ

(03-07-2021, 10:18 PM)skyking Wrote: This is legit though, dying little town in italy wanting to bring in new money.
https://1eurohouses.com/not-a-joke-heres...e-fck-now/

A bit of a tangent but I'll raise your dying town in Italy with a potless village in Ireland.

If you need to stimulate a local economy nothing works better than an apparition.

Quote:This particular statue had, according to locals, begun to move as they prayed and before they knew what was going on the statue of Our Lady had lifted up her garbs to display her private parts which were quoting passages from the Bible. Suddenly a blink of an eye here, a slight move of the hand there just didn’t cut it anymore.

Quote:The interest was intense; fights had broken out in queues to the statue and priests were drafted in for crowd control, but even the threat of eternal damnation couldn’t quell the statue-mad people of Ireland. They came from further afield too, as far as Japan and other countries of roughly equal distance.

Quote:A whole economy built up around the statue and the small town: replica statues were sold, T-shirts sold out on the first day. Prostitutes jumped on the bus to Ballinspittle and made a fortune.

These apparitions occurred mostly after 10pm. I wonder how much Guinness was supped?

Quote:The Vatican, sensing they had a truly exceptional moving statue on their hands, swooped in and cordoned off the site. The next day they left at dawn and the statue seemed to remain in place.
However, the Vatican had taken the statue, replacing it with a fake. Business cunning had trumped small town Ireland, and the statue was whisked away for a lucrative international tour, brought to the richest towns and cities which had large Catholics populations. In a pre-internet age, the people of Ballinspittle carried on unaware of the theft.
Tickets for the Vatican run events cost upwards of €1,000 and the Ballinspittle statue mania reached fever pitch.

Well ok I can't find any confirmation of that last quote but hay, it's the Vatican. They would have if they had thought of it. The Turin Shroud?

The RCC is like the world turtle, except that it's cons, not turtles, all the way down. I've always striven to provide a real result for the money I've earned, either as an engineer, or in my earlier efforts, as a mechanic. I'd've never made it in the religion "business".
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

This is in the wrong forum section. There are tons of houses in the US particularly places like Detroit where you can buy houses for $1. The owners can't GIVE them away and are paying rates for empty worthless properties. I'm sure the houses those youtubers were giving away were all really cheap to buy - I'm talking USD $100K each maximum. They'll make many times that money over from their videos.

(03-08-2021, 06:19 AM)Aractus Wrote: ...There are tons of houses in the US particularly places like Detroit where you can buy houses for $1.

Citation please.

Quote:I'm sure the houses those YouTubers were giving away were all really cheap to buy - I'm talking USD $100K each maximum.

You're "sure" of this how?  And why US$100K maximum particularly?

At any rate, the house you see in this video—plus all its contents—was sold legitimately for the one dollar claimed,
and was worth way more than a hundred grand, possibly 3 to 4 million.

Jimmy Donaldson profile:     https://www.businessinsider.com/mrbeast-...?r=AU&IR=T
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Inkubus

(03-08-2021, 10:52 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 06:19 AM)Aractus Wrote: ...There are tons of houses in the US particularly places like Detroit where you can buy houses for $1.

Citation please.

Quote:I'm sure the houses those YouTubers were giving away were all really cheap to buy - I'm talking USD $100K each maximum.

You're "sure" of this how?  And why US$100K maximum particularly?

At any rate, the house you see in this video—plus all its contents—was sold legitimately for the one dollar claimed,
and was worth way more than a hundred grand, possibly 3 to 4 million.

Jimmy Donaldson profile:     https://www.businessinsider.com/mrbeast-...?r=AU&IR=T

Quote:His ambitious challenges and money-giveaways have helped him grow his channel to roughly 53 million subscribers.

53 Million? I've no idea how these things work but what sort of money would he rake in from so many subscribers?

But anyway, he found a market and went for it. Well done that man.
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • SYZ

If it sounds too good to be true, ... Consider
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte