Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad casting

Bad casting
(01-06-2022, 12:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 07:58 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: My dad hooked my arse one day whilst fishing on the Norfolk Broads.

I'm sorry... I read that as "fisting".      Blush

Ewww. I don't want that image in my brain. I'd rather remember him clipping me round the ear for smoking.

Bad casting
(01-06-2022, 12:51 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I didn't know what "fisting" was until well into my adult life.  A gay friend of mine told me all about it.  All I could think of was.....OUCH!

OUCH?  That might be a natural exclamation after feeling a small prick, but........ 
Oh, wait. Blush
No gods necessary
The following 1 user Likes brunumb's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Bad casting
The movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels starring Michael Caine and Steve Martin is a remake of Bedtime Story starring David Niven and Marlon Brando.  I grant that Michael Caine is as good an actor as was David Niven but Steve Martin is definitely not in Brando's league.

Bad casting
(01-03-2022, 08:25 PM)SYZ Wrote: Along the thoughts of miscast and/or lousy actors we should also consider lousy directors.
To my mind, Alfred Hitchcock was one of the most overrated directors of his era.  He was
dubbed "the master of suspense" for some unknown reason, and the best (worst?) example
of his directorial lack is undoubtedly the black comedy "Psycho" and its famous, but absurd
shower scene.
Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket is a version of Psycho.  The scene where Sgt Hartman gets blown away replaces the shower scene.  The scene where the sniper turns out to be a young girl replaces the reveal that "mother" is a mummy in the basement.

Bad casting
(12-31-2021, 03:19 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Alexander:

[Image: Colin-Farrell-as-Alexander-The-Great.jpg]

A typical review:

Quote:Oliver Stone's big-budget Alexander opened in the US yesterday to a near-unanimous raspberry of bad reviews. Across America and Canada, critics lined up to pour scorn on virtually every aspect of the film, from its lack of "dramatic flair" through to the "epically bad dye job" of its star, Colin Farrell.

Ok I can hardly pin the rap for the whole film on Farrell but he really was irredeemably awful in this thing. What was Oliver Stone thinking?
Watch Alexander the Great starring Richard Burton.  A much better movie.  It's on YouTube.

Bad casting
(01-07-2022, 11:30 PM)Actor Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 08:25 PM)SYZ Wrote: Along the thoughts of miscast and/or lousy actors we should also consider lousy directors.
To my mind, Alfred Hitchcock was one of the most overrated directors of his era.  He was
dubbed "the master of suspense" for some unknown reason, and the best (worst?) example
of his directorial lack is undoubtedly the black comedy "Psycho" and its famous, but absurd
shower scene.
Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket is a version of Psycho.  The scene where Sgt Hartman gets blown away replaces the shower scene.  The scene where the sniper turns out to be a young girl replaces the reveal that "mother" is a mummy in the basement.

Why do you underline things? If it's underlined it makes people like me try to click it. When nothing happens it makes people like me feel deflated.

Bad casting
(01-07-2022, 11:36 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Why do you underline things? If it's underlined it makes people like me try to click it. When nothing happens it makes people like me feel deflated.
It's a rule I was taught in high school English class.  In print titles are to be italicized except in media which is already italicized.  When someone quotes a post the quote is italicized and becomes "media which is already italicized."

Bad casting
(01-08-2022, 12:03 AM)Actor Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 11:36 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Why do you underline things? If it's underlined it makes people like me try to click it. When nothing happens it makes people like me feel deflated.
It's a rule I was taught in high school English class.  In print titles are to be italicized except in media which is already italicized.  When someone quotes a post the quote is italicized and becomes "media which is already italicized."

Hummm.  I've never seen Richard Burton's version of Alexander the Great.   He was a great stage actor until he married Elizabeth Taylor.  I don't know what she did to him.  It seemed like his life became one long tabloid joke after he married her.  It was a case of bad wife casting.  She did have those amazing violet eyes though.   Hmm
                                                         T4618