Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, it's me, and this is my obligatory Intro

(02-14-2021, 08:45 PM)Nursey Wrote: Wicked clown was legit creepy af. He was inpatient psych. He was on in I think 2014/2015.

One of the socks, Bear something, which I think was the clown, PM’d me and called me by my actual name telling  me I should be more careful. It freaked me the fuck out.

I'm sorry to hear that. The clown is deranged. He's not going to get his foot in our door. I was surprised to see him after all this time. Maybe released from prison or an institution? Who knows. Now he's gone and he will stay gone.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Nursey, skyking, Mathilda

(02-14-2021, 07:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 04:05 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 02:32 AM)Aliza Wrote: Are you referring to earmuffs?

Yeah!  Earmuffs.  That guy was so trippy.

Trippy??? Earmuffs was funny and immensely entertaining until he decided that rules were for everyone else except him. He's not entirely at fault, management at TTA indulged his behaviour, going so far as to grant him a special username colour and ignoring behaviour that would have seen anyone of the rest of us instantly banned, then he accused SYZ of paedophilia which was a TOTAL lie and STILL he wasn't banned until he refused to retract his comments and a whole load of us complained. Thankfully he's now gone, the guy was a nasty mentally fucked up entitled millennial cunt who thought he was somehow super special.

Earmuffs lived in his own vortex of mental strangeness.  I could never figure him out but I didn't try very hard.

I wonder if Christian forums have nutty people and socks show up.  To be honest I don't know how Christian forms can distinguish between the insane and the sane, what with all that believing in an imaginary god and everything.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67, Vera, Mathilda

(02-14-2021, 09:11 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 07:17 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 04:05 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Yeah!  Earmuffs.  That guy was so trippy.

Trippy??? Earmuffs was funny and immensely entertaining until he decided that rules were for everyone else except him. He's not entirely at fault, management at TTA indulged his behaviour, going so far as to grant him a special username colour and ignoring behaviour that would have seen anyone of the rest of us instantly banned, then he accused SYZ of paedophilia which was a TOTAL lie and STILL he wasn't banned until he refused to retract his comments and a whole load of us complained. Thankfully he's now gone, the guy was a nasty mentally fucked up entitled millennial cunt who thought he was somehow super special.

Earmuffs lived in his own vortex of mental strangeness.  I could never figure him out but I didn't try very hard.

I wonder if Christian forums have nutty people and socks show up.  To be honest I don't know how Christian forms can distinguish between the insane and the sane, what with all that believing in an imaginary god and everything.

Most christian forums ban like there is no tomorrow. If you don't fit within the specific christian definition they foster, you are gone in a flash.
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, adey67, Dancefortwo, mordant

Every time I read this thread title I think:

On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom, skyking, trdsf

(02-14-2021, 08:45 PM)Nursey Wrote: Wicked clown was legit creepy af. He was inpatient psych. He was on in I think 2014/2015.

One of the socks, Bear something, which I think was the clown, PM’d me and called me by my actual name telling  me I should be more careful. It freaked me the fuck out.

I remember people talking about him, I think he was removed from TTA in 2015 just before I joined his posts that I read were dead creepy.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

(02-14-2021, 09:11 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [...] lived in his own vortex of mental strangeness. 

[Image: Rc30559caa7a4913a042ea20831f53eab?rik=n3...pid=ImgRaw][Image: Rc30559caa7a4913a042ea20831f53eab?rik=n3...pid=ImgRaw][Image: Rc30559caa7a4913a042ea20831f53eab?rik=n3...pid=ImgRaw]

I am *so* stealing this. Brilliant!

Also, am now reminded of the brilliant and gone too soon Douglas Adams:

The Universe, as has been observed before, is an unsettlingly big place, a fact which for
the sake of a quiet life most people tend to ignore.

Many would happily move to somewhere rather smaller of their own devising, and this
is what most beings in fact do.

For instance, in one corner of the Eastern Galactic Arm lies the large forest planet
Oglaroon, the entire "intelligent" population of which lives permanently in one fairly
small and crowded nut tree. In which tree they are born, live, fall in love, carve tiny
speculative articles in the bark on the meaning of life, the futility of death and the
importance of birth control, fight a few extremely minor wars, and eventually die
strapped to the underside of some of the less accessible outer branches.

In fact the only Oglaroonians who ever leave their tree are those who are hurled out of
it for the heinous crime of wondering whether any of the other trees might be capable
of supporting life at all, or indeed whether the other trees are anything other than
illusions brought on by eating too many Oglanuts.

Exotic though this behaviour may seem, there is no life form in the Galaxy which is
not in some way guilty of the same thing, which is why the Total Perspective Vortex is
as horrific as it is.

For when you are put into the Vortex you are given just one momentary glimpse of
the entire unimaginable infinity of creation, and somewhere in it a tiny little marker, a
microscopic dot on a microscopic dot, which says "You are here."

“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Dom

(02-14-2021, 10:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:

I remember people talking about him, I think he was removed from TTA in 2015 just before I joined his posts that I read were dead creepy.

I'm surprised you didn't run for the hills. Lots of people did. He started out quite playful and jovial. And morphed, and morphed...
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • adey67

That clown was before my time. Good call banning him, whatever reason you choose. Since Vosur was mentioned in the thread, fuck him too. He tried to take the place down and there's no room for that.
test signature
The following 8 users Like skyking's post:
  • Dom, adey67, Aliza, Astreja, Szuchow, abaris, Deesse23, Finite Monkeys

(02-14-2021, 06:38 PM)Vera Wrote: I came across Egor's facebook page some years ago... he was writing religious poems.  Big Grin I kinda do feel bad for him, he definitely had some issues but I don't think he was purposefully malicious and disruptive. He had his demons (angels, to him, I guess) and felt like he had to convert us or something but he was at least original.

Who is Egor? Not a Vosur alt, right?

Earmuffs, Wicked Clown, those names take me back.
The following 2 users Like JDog554's post:
  • Dom, skyking

Aww man, i missed a fruit cake!

(02-15-2021, 01:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 06:38 PM)Vera Wrote: I came across Egor's facebook page some years ago... he was writing religious poems.  Big Grin I kinda do feel bad for him, he definitely had some issues but I don't think he was purposefully malicious and disruptive. He had his demons (angels, to him, I guess) and felt like he had to convert us or something but he was at least original.

Who is Egor? Not a Vosur alt, right?

No. Egor is a religious dude, tried to launch his own religion. Tried to sell it as a religion for atheists at some point. Had all kinds of theories... wrote his own bible.

Who was that dude with the huge left thigh and something carved into it? With pics of him driving a sports car? He started out as a religious dude with his own religion too, he had a live goddess he said, a woman of color. Then he devolved into crazier and crazier and ended up with threats and horror pics. Anyone remember his name?

(02-15-2021, 12:00 PM)Dom Wrote: Who was that dude with the huge left thigh and something carved into it? With pics of him driving a sports car? He started out as a religious dude with his own religion too, he had a live goddess he said, a woman of color. Then he devolved into crazier and crazier and ended up with threats and horror pics. Anyone remember his name?

I don't remember the nick, but the description fits that dude I mentioned earlier. The one with the swastica on his dick.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

(02-15-2021, 01:48 PM)abaris Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:00 PM)Dom Wrote: Who was that dude with the huge left thigh and something carved into it? With pics of him driving a sports car? He started out as a religious dude with his own religion too, he had a live goddess he said, a woman of color. Then he devolved into crazier and crazier and ended up with threats and horror pics. Anyone remember his name?

I don't remember the nick, but the description fits that dude I mentioned earlier. The one with the swastica on his dick.

Did he supply any evidence of his tattoo? Or was it a Cock and Bull story.
The following 2 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Aliza, Thumpalumpacus

Can't we just let a thread die when it's creator has been banned?

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(02-15-2021, 02:02 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Can't we just let a thread die when it's creator has been banned?

[Image: tenor.gif]
The following 4 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus, Vera, jerry mcmasters, skyking

(02-15-2021, 01:41 AM)Aliza Wrote: Who is Egor? Not a Vosur alt, right?

Oh no! Egor was a Gordon something, a religious guy who kinda rewrote the gospel and created his own religion, dedicated, of course, to me – Veridicanism*.

I missed his initial years at TTA but I think he had periods when he would get *really* religious and preachy and then he had better days and you could have a conversation with him. He was… unusual, but as far as I remember, not out right nasty or purposefully disruptive. I think he needed people to talk to and we were the more/most accepting ones.

He was trying to prove god by claiming that paramecia reacted to him or something.

See, this is why Seth the jerk sucks – so much interesting, hilarious and outright loony conversations were lost with the loss of TTA. It was rather interesting, going back years, seeing how people (and oneself) have changed (or haven't. Some people seem incapable of change pr growth)

* I might have fibbed about that part Modest I definitely *should* have more religions dedicated to me though Girl_devil Angel

A thread dies when it's good and ready Whistling
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 3 users Like Vera's post:
  • Aliza, Peebothuhlu, Dancefortwo

It was a full name, and he had a website by that name. He was really hilarious at first, and then devolved quickly.

(02-15-2021, 02:00 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote:

Did he supply any evidence of his tattoo? Or was it a Cock and Ball story.

Fix't.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TonyAnkle, Dom

(02-15-2021, 02:05 PM)OakTree500 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 02:02 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Can't we just let a thread die when it's creator has been banned?

No.  Because we need to bitch about stuff. What good is an atheist forum if you can't bitch and complain about stuff.   Smile
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • OakTree500, Gwaithmir

(02-15-2021, 07:07 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

No.  Because we need to bitch about stuff. What good is an atheist forum if you can't bitch and complain about stuff.   Smile

In that case I'll get Mrs Ankle to sign up!
The following 7 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Fireball, Finite Monkeys, Dom, SYZ, adey67, skyking

(02-15-2021, 07:07 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

Besides, it's funny to post in a thread that the starter no longer gets to post in.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Yeah but I'm trying to get to 1000.

(02-15-2021, 08:08 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote: Yeah but I'm trying to get to 1000.

One thousand posts are well within your grasp.  Just start a thread about Boris Johnson and then you can bitch-post your way into oblivion.     Nod
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Aliza, Fireball, skyking

(02-14-2021, 09:19 PM)Dom Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 09:11 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 07:17 PM)adey67 Wrote: Trippy??? Earmuffs was funny and immensely entertaining until he decided that rules were for everyone else except him. He's not entirely at fault, management at TTA indulged his behaviour, going so far as to grant him a special username colour and ignoring behaviour that would have seen anyone of the rest of us instantly banned, then he accused SYZ of paedophilia which was a TOTAL lie and STILL he wasn't banned until he refused to retract his comments and a whole load of us complained. Thankfully he's now gone, the guy was a nasty mentally fucked up entitled millennial cunt who thought he was somehow super special.

Most christian forums ban like there is no tomorrow. If you don't fit within the specific christian definition they foster, you are gone in a flash.
Exactly. Rather than banning for sane reasons they just ban people who have the "wrong" doctrine. It's all based on "correct" dogma.