Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I apologize

I apologize
This is mainly in reference to the Dem vs. Rep thread I started.

In reality, I love the people for whom I work.

Certainly, someone might say something silly in passing like, They stole the election and now things are coming to light that are going to get them in trouble, but at the end of the day the individual still has a soft and caring heart for the job.

And for you Reps here on the forum, well, there's still hope for you yet. Heart

The following 4 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo, jerry mcmasters, Aliza

I apologize
Apologies are not sincere unless accompanied by tacos.

I apologize
A sincere apology has to be followed by Hope these tacos give you the runs?

I apologize
Taco Bell FTW!!
test signature

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 01:31 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: This is mainly in reference to the Dem vs. Rep thread I started.

Certainly, someone might say something silly in passing like, They stole the election and now things are coming to light that are going to get them in trouble, but at the end of the day the individual still has a soft and caring heart for the job.

And for you Reps here on the forum, well, there's still hope for you yet.  Heart

Oh, sing the song, Phaedrus....sing the song!    Big Grin

T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ, TonyAnkle

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 02:54 PM)skyking Wrote: Taco Bell FTW!!

You don't buy Taco Bell, you rent it.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, skyking, Dancefortwo, SYZ

I apologize
[Image: del_taco_mission_statement_history_triva...9b37f3.jpg]
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 03:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 02:54 PM)skyking Wrote: Taco Bell FTW!!

You don't buy Taco Bell, you rent it.

They shouldn't bag it with napkins they should bag it with a small travel package of toilet paper.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 01:31 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: This is mainly in reference to the Dem vs. Rep thread I started.

Certainly, someone might say something silly in passing like, they stole the election and now things are coming to light that are going to get them in trouble, but at the end of the day the individual still has a soft and caring heart for the job.

And for you Reps here on the forum, well, there's still hope for you yet.

A gracious—but possibly unnecessary—apology mate.  We're, all of us, entitled to express
our political opinions publicly, and of course support our party of choice.  Which means we
have no need to apologise for those expressions.  However, these sorts of damaging, often
violent schisms in the more "normal" American society are the sole result of its federal
government's wilfully divisive, alienating, belligerent activities, directed towards weakening
US democracy per se  in order to strengthen a more oppressive, doctrinaire, authoritarian
form of government.

That some people indiscriminately support this modus operandi  is their right of course—in
any (allegedly) democratic country—but to follow it over-zealously, whilst refusing to even
consider any of the alternative options leads to an accident waiting to happen.  And that's been
more than well demonstrated by the parlous state that America finds itself in after four years
of deliberately divisive, totalitarian government leadership.

I can't believe Trump has read Aesop though LOL...

"UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL"

A lion used to prowl about a field in which Four oxen used to dwell.
Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came near
they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way he
approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At last,
however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each went
off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field. Then the lion
attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all four.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dom, adey67

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 06:00 PM)skyking Wrote: They shouldn't bag it with napkins they should bag it with a small travel package of toilet paper.

Or maybe a pack of this stuff?

[Image: 51PRZcrOZ-L._AC_.jpg]

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 05:35 PM)c172 Wrote: [Image: del_taco_mission_statement_history_triva...9b37f3.jpg]
Been forty years since I saw one of those.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I apologize
Last week, I had a hankering specifically for a burger, taco and fries. Not sure why so specific, but they delivered, as everybody seems to now, and I ordered. Damn good combo. I hadn't been since the late 80's.
Is this sig thing on?

I apologize
Not many Mexican fast food places have corn husk wrapped tamales so once in a while we order some from a local Mexican restaurant.   It's a nice change from the usual taco.   I guess it must be more difficult to make for the fast food market.   

[Image: Tamales-16.jpg]

I like that it has a little bit of corn husk tied around it.   Smile
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • c172, Dom

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 06:33 PM)SYZ Wrote:

Certainly, someone might say something silly in passing like, they stole the election and now things are coming to light that are going to get them in trouble, but at the end of the day the individual still has a soft and caring heart for the job.

And for you Reps here on the forum, well, there's still hope for you yet.

A gracious—but possibly unnecessary—apology mate.  We're, all of us, entitled to express
our political opinions publicly, and of course support our party of choice.  Which means we
have no need to apologise for those expressions.  However, these sorts of damaging, often
violent schisms in the more "normal" American society are the sole result of its federal
government's wilfully divisive, alienating, belligerent activities, directed towards weakening
US democracy per se  in order to strengthen a more oppressive, doctrinaire, authoritarian
form of government.

That some people indiscriminately support this modus operandi  is their right of course—in
any (allegedly) democratic country—but to follow it over-zealously, whilst refusing to even
consider any of the alternative options leads to an accident waiting to happen.  And that's been
more than well demonstrated by the parlous state that America finds itself in after four years
of deliberately divisive, totalitarian government leadership.

I can't believe Trump has read Aesop though LOL...

"UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL"

A lion used to prowl about a field in which Four oxen used to dwell.
Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came near
they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way he
approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At last,
however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each went
off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field. Then the lion
attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all four.

Exactly my POV too, the moment this becomes an ultra liberal/left wing conservative/right wing politically correct/incorrect virtue signalling echo chamber then that's the moment we do humanity and ourselves a great great disservice and indeed signal to others that our views and ourselves are so fragile they cannot cope or tolerate those who are different without the beating of chests gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • Dom, SYZ, jerry mcmasters

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 08:20 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Not many Mexican fast food places have corn husk wrapped tamales...

I'm sorry, but downunder we're a bit ignorant...         [Image: ngcb19]

If it's not a silly question, is/are the corn husks boiled/toasted,
and can be eaten, or are they simply wrapping?

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 10:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 08:20 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Not many Mexican fast food places have corn husk wrapped tamales...

Tamale
Dish
A tamale or tamal is a traditional Mesoamerican dish, made of masa or dough, which is steamed in a corn husk or banana leaf. The wrapping can either be discarded prior to eating or used as a plate. Tamales can be filled with meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, chilies or any preparation according to taste, and both the filling and the cooking liquid may be seasoned.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • SYZ

I apologize
(02-06-2021, 10:53 PM)SYZ Wrote:

The husks are in place to hold the masa together around the filling of the tamale. Husks aren't eaten.

To make tamales:

1) make a great filling. Nice, meaty, and spicy.

2) lay your husks out flat.

3) smear a good, thick portion of masa preparada (which is basically pestle-ground corn-meal soaked in water) onto the husk in a neat layer.

4) put your tamale filling onto the spread of masa.

5) roll the entire thing up in the husk, folding one end. Wrap it tight

6) pack a bunch of these torpedoes vertically into a steamer with water at its bottom.

7) put the water in the steamer, covered, on a low simmer and let it go for six or eight hours.

[Image: jIMG_3799.jpg]

When eating, unwrap the husk, and eat the tamale:

[Image: merlin_181221021_efd57f54-ddd2-445c-80a2...eLarge.jpg]
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • SYZ