Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #12 Peacock Mafia

(01-08-2021, 02:29 PM)Aegon Wrote: Sorry for voting and disappearing, it wasn't my actual plan to do that. Not sure if you guys heard but DC is... uh, a bit busy this week.

Unvote

I just voted to get things going.

@Mathilda Voting quickly first is scum strategy?

Oh, until you mentioned it, I had forgotten that you live there!

I can't sleep.  Nothing to do with mafia, though.

It's not so much a problem that you voted and then didn't return right away, as that you voted for someone who said they were going to bed.  Any explanation there?

(01-08-2021, 02:43 PM)Aroura Wrote: It's not so much a problem that you voted and then didn't return right away, as that you voted for someone who said they were going to bed.  Any explanation there?

Yeah, I read his post too quickly to realize he said that. lol
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • Aroura

(01-08-2021, 02:29 PM)Aegon Wrote: Sorry for voting and disappearing, it wasn't my actual plan to do that. Not sure if you guys heard but DC is... uh, a bit busy this week.

Unvote

I just voted to get things going.

@Mathilda Voting quickly first is scum strategy?

And things went...
How do you read what went on?

ok read list lets see how this goes *loads up the shade thrower*

1) emjay very chatty lot of fluff could just be trying to get conversation going Neutral to Weak Town lean

2) Pailzor a few fluff posts and then disappears could be bebe scum unsure how to blend Weak Scum lean

3) Tartarus Sauce Goofball play is his MO but he leans heavy into it when scum Moderate Scum Lean

4) Aroura So far they have played their typical opening gambit Neutral

5) Mathilda Not enough posts to get a handle so far so defaults to Weak Scum

6) Pocaracas Checked in early before dipping out came back in with a good catch-up post (yes He/Him are fine for me) Weak Town

7) Aegon Started a train on a player saying they were off for the night then disappeared when questioned still has not explained the logic in that.  Moderate Scum lean

8) Paleophyte Biggest tell so far is in correcting the Lynch order which is very much a Town move so Weak to moderate Town read as of yet

My basis is everyone starts as weak scum lean in these games and the more helpful to town you get the more moderate town I rank you.  As far as how experienced I am I used to play a lot on TTA but those were far different games not gagged most of the conversations happening off board for this style I have only played a handful but know some of the strats  anyway that is my Suss list.
The following 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post:
  • Aroura

(01-08-2021, 04:50 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: I'm to bed too. These are crap reads based on too little info but I may not be back before lynchtime:

emjay  - weak town based on engagement and activity
Aroura -  neutral based on good start but little follow-through
Revenant - neutral based on few posts but at least not fluff
Pailzor - weak scum based on lotsa fluff and no vote. Hard to distinguish the scumsign from the n0bsign though..
Tartarus Sauce - weak scum based on pure fluff and no vote
Pocaracas - weak scum based on 1st post and subsequent vanishing act
Aegon - weak scum based on pressuring absent Poca and then vanishing
Mathilda - Gone a waltzing?

Did you, like me, not read the fine print in poca's fist post when he said he was going to bed? Otherwise it would be disingenuous to imply there was a "vanishing act."

(01-08-2021, 08:27 AM)pocaracas Wrote: A bunch of votes for Aegon who's been missing since. Odd. Isn't he in the US? He should have been awake during most of my night time.
Since I'll be mostly around until the flip, no sense in adding pressure. I'll keep my vote for later.

Yeah I was awake, but then there was an unsuccessful coup, which I had to write several correspondences about and take several phone calls about, then I had to read and summarize the first half of the 2022 Notice of Benefit Payment Parameters. Believe me, I'd have rather been playing Mafia...

[quote]The one time I voted for myself was in my very first game... I was scum, it worked out well, as people just assumed it to be a noob-town thing  girl blushing Tarty, you are not a noob, but we are all rusty, indeed...
Vote Tarty

I assumed it to be a joke, not noob. Interesting you didn't jump on my wagon.

I messed up the formatting there, I'm quoting poca's vote on Tarty, not voting Tarty myself

• Aroura

(01-08-2021, 01:14 PM)Mathilda Wrote: Well it was my first post and then I saw that there was a huge wagon on Aegon so great minds and all that. To be honest I was just wanting to show my face before a session of GTA V on the last day of my annual leave. Re-reading the thread again though this strikes me as scummy. Emjay essentially starting the wagon by being second vote.

(01-07-2021, 11:14 PM)emjay Wrote: I was just debating commenting on that, so I think I'll follow suit...

Vote Aegon

Also, nice to see you too, and I forgot about avatars... I really ought to get my clockwork universe one over here Wink

Unvote

Vote emjay

I'm a tad confused here. @emjay is scummy for starting the wagon on me... which you initially joined... but you don't know if I'm scum or town, so I don't really see how starting the wagon could be perceived one way or the other just yet. Personally, I think the folks who join a wagon later are more suspicious than the ones that start it - at least, on the first day with little to no info. 

Well, I suppose the specific verbiage emjay used is a little "sus" if we can bring Among Us terms into this game (and Among Us is just Mafia with extra steps). "I was just debating commenting on that, so I think I'll follow suit..." could be B.S.  I'm not currently inclined to believe it is though.

• Aroura

(01-08-2021, 01:14 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:07 PM)pocaracas Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:29 PM)Mathilda Wrote: Well dodge. Jumps in first with a vote to show that he's town. Safe and easy strategy for mafia.

Vote Aegon

Welcome aboard!
Is that all?

Well it was my first post and then I saw that there was a huge wagon on Aegon so great minds and all that. To be honest I was just wanting to show my face before a session of GTA V on the last day of my annual leave. Re-reading the thread again though this strikes me as scummy. Emjay essentially starting the wagon by being second vote.

(01-07-2021, 11:14 PM)emjay Wrote: I was just debating commenting on that, so I think I'll follow suit...

Vote Aegon

Also, nice to see you too, and I forgot about avatars... I really ought to get my clockwork universe one over here Wink

Unvote

Vote emjay

Why would you consider that scummy when wagons are what we need to generate information in this game?
The following 1 user Likes emjay's post:
  • Aroura

Real quick read list before I go back to working:

emjay - soft town lean, could also be doing a splendid job of blending in as scum as Mathilda hinted at
Pailzor - no lean, noob
Tartarus Sauce - No lean, just humorous posts as far as I can tell.
Aroura - soft town lean, I think she's doing things right in town's favor
Mathilda - soft scum lean, currently confused by her logic and votes
Pocaracas - the softest of town leans, not entirely sure
Aegon - definitely town
Paleophyte - soft scum lean, he voted me for voting for poca, since poca was going to bed, and yet he himself said poca had staged a "vanishing act." these ideas contradict one another if I'm reading his posts correctly.

• Aroura

(01-08-2021, 01:07 PM)pocaracas Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 12:29 PM)Mathilda Wrote: Well dodge. Jumps in first with a vote to show that he's town. Safe and easy strategy for mafia.

Vote Aegon

Welcome aboard!
Is that all?

Well it was my first post and then I saw that there was a huge wagon on Aegon so great minds and all that. To be honest I was just wanting to show my face before a session of GTA V on the last day of my annual leave. Re-reading the thread again though this strikes me as scummy. Emjay essentially starting the wagon by being second vote.

Vote Aegon

Unvote

Vote emjay

He's not a newb, though, to not realize that position always looks the worst.  
I know, wifom

(01-08-2021, 02:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: ok read list lets see how this goes *loads up the shade thrower*

1) emjay very chatty lot of fluff could just be trying to get conversation going Neutral to Weak Town lean

2) Pailzor a few fluff posts and then disappears could be bebe scum unsure how to blend Weak Scum lean

3) Tartarus Sauce Goofball play is his MO but he leans heavy into it when scum Moderate Scum Lean

6) Pocaracas Checked in early before dipping out came back in with a good catch-up post (yes He/Him are fine for me) Weak Town

7) Aegon Started a train on a player saying they were off for the night then disappeared when questioned still has not explained the logic in that.  Moderate Scum lean

8) Paleophyte Biggest tell so far is in correcting the Lynch order which is very much a Town move so Weak to moderate Town read as of yet

My basis is everyone starts as weak scum lean in these games and the more helpful to town you get the more moderate town I rank you.  As far as how experienced I am I used to play a lot on TTA but those were far different games not gagged most of the conversations happening off board for this style I have only played a handful but know some of the strats  anyway that is my Suss list.

I like this post... thanks for the read list and saying how you work but gotta say, the font colour is really bad for reading on a phone... just saying. Also just to correct, since two people have now said the same thing, both me and Paleo corrected the vote order, not just him, and me first. Not that I think it's a big deal but thought since two people mentioned Paleo but not me on that score, just needed to set the record straight.
The following 1 user Likes emjay's post:
  • Aroura

(01-08-2021, 02:48 PM)Aegon Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 02:43 PM)Aroura Wrote: It's not so much a problem that you voted and then didn't return right away, as that you voted for someone who said they were going to bed.  Any explanation there?

Yeah, I read his post too quickly to realize he said that. lol

Ok, fair enough.

Unvote

With more posts to go on this morning, I am concerned about Poca's vote on Tarty. Now, maybe he hasn't played much with him, or has just forgotten, but Tarty self voting is pretty typical of him on day one (though I also don't like it. Funny as it is, it's unhelpful and could easily cover scum behavior with silliness). Still, Tarty is too easy to throw under the bus on day 1. In addition, he did not jump on the Aegon wagon (haha, I forgot that rhyme!), as Aegon pointed out.

Vote pocaracas

(01-08-2021, 03:21 PM)emjay Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 02:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: ok read list lets see how this goes *loads up the shade thrower*

I like this post... thanks for the read list and saying how you work but gotta say, the font colour is really bad for reading on a phone... just saying. Also just to correct, since two people have now said the same thing, both me and Paleo corrected the vote order, not just him, and me first. Not that I think it's a big deal but thought since two people mentioned Paleo but not me on that score, just needed to set the record straight.

Oh wow yeah my bad, I have a dark view browser add on so did not realize that was an unreadable color thought it was just bolded.  Will make sure not to do that in the future.  Sorry about missing your turn in the correction was rushing to get that list done before I had to pop out to take the dog to the groomers.  Moves you to weakish town in my list.

(01-08-2021, 03:18 PM)Aroura Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:07 PM)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome aboard!
Is that all?

Vote Aegon

Unvote

Vote emjay

He's not a newb, though, to not realize that position always looks the worst.  
I know, wifom

That's actually the case... if I ever knew that I'd forgotten it. Basically I'm always unsure how to start, and first game in months to years, even more so niw, so when I saw someone get the ball rolling and for a reason I also agreed with, I was happy to follow suit.

(01-08-2021, 03:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:

Oh wow yeah my bad, I have a dark view browser add on so did not realize that was an unreadable color thought it was just bolded.  Will make sure not to do that in the future.  Sorry about missing your turn in the correction was rushing to get that list done before I had to pop out to take the dog to the groomers.  Moves you to weakish town in my list.

Cheers Smile You're also now weak town for me, just based on the transparency in these posts and gut feel.

(01-08-2021, 03:29 PM)Aroura Wrote: With more posts to go on this morning, I am concerned about Poca's vote on Tarty.  Now, maybe he hasn't played much with him, or has just forgotten, but Tarty self voting is pretty typical of him on day one (though I also don't like it.  Funny as it is, it's unhelpful and could easily cover scum behavior with silliness).  Still, Tarty is too easy to throw under the bus on day 1. In addition, he did not jump on the Aegon wagon (haha, I forgot that rhyme!), as Aegon pointed out.  

Vote pocaracas

That's one of the main problems with erratic/anti-town playstyles; it can be an easy hiding place for scum on either side of the fence, either as the voter or the voted. But that said I don't feel that scum-poca needs to rely on things like that... ie I think he's a good scum player and needing to rely on that sort of vote seems unlikely to me... could be wrong though.

I am happy with Aegon responses now so willing to unvote there...

Unvote

So will think about where to put my vote next.

(01-08-2021, 02:57 PM)Aegon Wrote: [quote="Paleophyte" pid='274658' dateline='1610081432']
I'm to bed too. These are crap reads based on too little info but I may not be back before lynchtime:

emjay  - weak town based on engagement and activity
Aroura -  neutral based on good start but little follow-through
Revenant - neutral based on few posts but at least not fluff
Pailzor - weak scum based on lotsa fluff and no vote. Hard to distinguish the scumsign from the n0bsign though..
Tartarus Sauce - weak scum based on pure fluff and no vote
Pocaracas - weak scum based on 1st post and subsequent vanishing act
Aegon - weak scum based on pressuring absent Poca and then vanishing
Mathilda - Gone a waltzing?

Did you, like me, not read the fine print in poca's fist post when he said he was going to bed? Otherwise it would be disingenuous to imply there was a "vanishing act."

(01-08-2021, 08:27 AM)pocaracas Wrote: A bunch of votes for Aegon who's been missing since. Odd. Isn't he in the US? He should have been awake during most of my night time.
Since I'll be mostly around until the flip, no sense in adding pressure. I'll keep my vote for later.

Yeah I was awake, but then there was an unsuccessful coup, which I had to write several correspondences about and take several phone calls about, then I had to read and summarize the first half of the 2022 Notice of Benefit Payment Parameters. Believe me, I'd have rather been playing Mafia...

Quote:The one time I voted for myself was in my very first game... I was scum, it worked out well, as people just assumed it to be a noob-town thing  girl blushing Tarty, you are not a noob, but we are all rusty, indeed...
Vote Tarty

I assumed it to be a joke, not noob. Interesting you didn't jump on my wagon.

(01-08-2021, 03:29 PM)Aroura Wrote: With more posts to go on this morning, I am concerned about Poca's vote on Tarty. Now, maybe he hasn't played much with him, or has just forgotten, but Tarty self voting is pretty typical of him on day one (though I also don't like it. Funny as it is, it's unhelpful and could easily cover scum behavior with silliness). Still, Tarty is too easy to throw under the bus on day 1. In addition, he did not jump on the Aegon wagon (haha, I forgot that rhyme!), as Aegon pointed out.

Vote pocaracas

To answer both in one go.... why would I jump on a well formed wagon on a player that was most certainly asleep (at the time I voted)?
The wagon existed, pressure was on.... might as well poke on a few more places. I'm sad that this one hasn't even deigned to surface.
And I hate playing with Tarty. When town, he always makes himself look scum. When scum, he still makes himself look scum... so why not vote for him and maybe remove the uncertainty from subsequent days?

Damn, forgot that Aegon's post had a messed up quote.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-08-2021, 02:57 PM)Aegon Wrote: I messed up the formatting there, I'm quoting poca's vote on Tarty, not voting Tarty myself

I was informed I'm technically voting for Tarty because of this, so Unvote .

• Aroura

Dark mode is wonderful... purposefully changing the colours you use, not so much. Shake
The following 1 user Likes pocaracas's post:
  • Revenant77x

[Image: 1200px-Afropavo_congensis_-Antwerp_Zoo_-pair-8a.jpg]
Congo Peacock

The Congo peafowl is native to the Congo basin in Africa. The hen is in front and the male is behind her displaying his rather unimpressive tail. Still all of the ingredients for being a peacock are clearly present. This bird is a member of the pheasant family, there is sexual dimorphism between the male and female, the tail can be fanned out and displayed, there are eyespots present on the feathers, the feathers are iridescent, and both sexes have head crests.

Vote Count 2

Pocaracas  1 voteAegon #6, Aroura #63)

Aegon  2 votes (Aurora #10emjay #11, Paleophyte #12, Revenant #18, Mathilda #47)

Tartarus Sauce 2 votes (Tartarus Sauce #26, Pocaracas #43)

emjay 1 vote (Mathilda #49)
The following 5 users Like Aliza's post:
  • pocaracas, Dom, Tartarus Sauce, Aroura, Paleophyte

I am still not 100 on Aegon but for now I think that wagon has done what it was going to do however I am in agreement that Tarty playing this way is bad for town.  Either he is scum or he is unhelpful either way losing him is good for town so

Vote Tartarus Sauce

(01-08-2021, 05:13 PM)pocaracas Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 03:21 PM)emjay Wrote: I like this post... thanks for the read list and saying how you work but gotta say, the font colour is really bad for reading on a phone... just saying. Also just to correct, since two people have now said the same thing, both me and Paleo corrected the vote order, not just him, and me first. Not that I think it's a big deal but thought since two people mentioned Paleo but not me on that score, just needed to set the record straight.

Dark mode is wonderful... purposefully changing the colours you use, not so much.  Shake

I copied it from the first post and did not realize that had changed the color will be more diligent in future posts.
The following 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post:
  • pocaracas

So guys.... fair warning: during this work from home pandemic, I've been having a Friday night UT session with some friends and colleagues that starts at 9pm, UK time. This means I'll be away for the final two hours of this day.

Until then, I'd still like to hear from Tarty and a bit more from Mathilda