Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today is Timeout Time

Today is Timeout Time
Whenever I try to post a reply today, it's three or four failed to connect before the message finally goes through. Anyone else having that problem?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Today is Timeout Time
Since we changed server provider it constantly takes ca. 10s until post are posted after i hit the "post reply" button. thats all. Dodgy
R.I.P. Hannes

Today is Timeout Time
Yes. Having problems here too.

Today is Timeout Time
Should be taken care of sometime next week, when the current semester is over.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Today is Timeout Time
(12-12-2020, 12:28 PM)abaris Wrote: Whenever I try to post a reply today, it's three or four failed to connect before the message finally goes through. Anyone else having that problem?

Half the time.  The other half of the time it goes through right away.

Of course that is based on a sample size of 2 posts this morning.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Today is Timeout Time
I'm still having major timeout issues with this site—against the fact that
I'm having no similar issues with any of the other 30 or so sites I visit
every day.

As per:  http://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/show...#pid213615
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Today is Timeout Time
Test (Six seconds)
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Today is Timeout Time
I don't know, yet. (test)

Today is Timeout Time
Hmm ... my test post went just fine - around 6 seconds. Saw the little wheel turning those few seconds & just when I thought about being concerned, it posted.

All good on my end. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Today is Timeout Time
I notice a lot longer delay between submitting a post and the server accepting it (with the whirly-gig showing in between), but other than that, I haven't had any issues.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Today is Timeout Time
Within the last 5 minutes of this post's time stamp, did anyone reading this get a 503 error when loading the website?

Today is Timeout Time
I'm too late for your test.

I have noticed that there is no apparent pattern to the problem.

I can literally get 8/9 "Failure to Connect" and then the next post goes through perfectly.

Sometimes it takes 10-12 seconds to post ( which is always welcome as the FtC messages happen quickly ) and others go through in a heartbeat. 

I'll just muddle on since there seems to be nothing I can do anyway.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Aliza, SYZ

Today is Timeout Time
(12-30-2020, 04:37 AM)Aliza Wrote: Within the last 5 minutes of this post's time stamp, did anyone reading this get a 503 error when loading the website?

I had a 503, but can't say if it was within your 5 min theme. Most probably even before your post
R.I.P. Hannes

Today is Timeout Time
(12-30-2020, 07:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: I had a 503, but can't say if it was within your 5 min theme. Most probably even before your post

Me too, but not in the last 24 hours.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Today is Timeout Time
It was a very specific thing that I did -making a backup of the forum- and I refreshed the forum on my browser and got a 503 while it was downloading. I think @Mathilda said that she noticed the same issue.

Today is Timeout Time
I never have any problems like "failure to connect".  The only minor thing that happens is that my post takes a while to load which I made the other thread about.   I noticed that if I preview the post first and then post it it's as quick as it used to be with the previous server.

Edit to add: Ooops, I spoke too soon. I just previewed a post before posting it and it took about 6 seconds. It's not bad though. I can live with it. I'm easy.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Aliza

Today is Timeout Time
[test]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Today is Timeout Time
(12-30-2020, 04:40 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I never have any problems like "failure to connect".  The only minor thing that happens is that my post takes a while to load which I made the other thread about.   I noticed that if I preview the post first and then post it it's as quick as it used to be with the previous server.

Edit to add:  Ooops, I spoke too soon.  I just previewed a post before posting it and it took about 6 seconds.  It's not bad though.  I can live with it.  I'm easy.

I've noticed the same.  No failure to connect ever, just posts sometimes taking a few seconds to post and the preview post option tends to work faster as you mentioned.  I usually just read another website while it posts, so I'm fine with the few second lapse.   Smile
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Aliza, Dancefortwo, Deesse23

Today is Timeout Time
(12-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:40 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I never have any problems like "failure to connect".  The only minor thing that happens is that my post takes a while to load which I made the other thread about.   I noticed that if I preview the post first and then post it it's as quick as it used to be with the previous server.

Edit to add:  Ooops, I spoke too soon.  I just previewed a post before posting it and it took about 6 seconds.  It's not bad though.  I can live with it.  I'm easy.

I've noticed the same.  No failure to connect ever, just posts sometimes taking a few seconds to post and the preview post option tends to work faster as you mentioned.  I usually just read another website while it posts, so I'm fine with the few second lapse.   Smile

I'm amazed that I can converse with people around the planet on a flat thingy with a keyboard and a screen.   Additionally, one can fly across the sky while sitting in a chair and communicate with people in a grocery story or sitting on their back patio.  If I didn't know any better I'd say this is pure magic.    Nod
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Deesse23

Today is Timeout Time
(12-30-2020, 10:27 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bcat Wrote:

I'm amazed that I can converse with people around the planet on a flat thingy with a keyboard and a screen.   Additionally, one can fly across the sky while sitting in a chair and communicate with people in a grocery story or sitting on their back patio.  If I didn't know any better I'd say this is pure magic.    Nod

Telephones these days amaze me... I remember our telephone at home in the 1970's, a big circular dial with 9 at the far end, it always makes me laugh remembering that in an emergency you had to dial 999. 111 would have been far quicker.
The following 1 user Likes TonyAnkle's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Today is Timeout Time
(12-30-2020, 10:51 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 10:27 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:18 PM)Bcat Wrote: I've noticed the same.  No failure to connect ever, just posts sometimes taking a few seconds to post and the preview post option tends to work faster as you mentioned.  I usually just read another website while it posts, so I'm fine with the few second lapse.   Smile

Telephones these days amaze me... I remember our telephone at home in the 1970's, a big circular dial with 9 at the far end, it always makes me laugh remembering that in an emergency you had to dial 999. 111 would have been far quicker.

Germany
110 police
112 fire brigade / emt
Modest
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • TonyAnkle, Aliza