Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do post takes about 10 to 12 seconds to complete?

9 seconds.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Couple of questions, how often do the folks who are having issue clear their cache and what level of firewall are you running.  Both things can affect the speed or posting.

Rarely, but the problem only happens on this forum.  And it happened on either side of the changeover so I don't think that had anything to do with it.  T'is a mystery.

This problem has only manifested after the server changeover for me.

Preview Post {which I've always used) is still the proverbial off a shovel. Post Reply then gives the Shite-how-long-will-this-take. So in my lack of knowledge about how all this works I suspect the delay is in the saving the post process.

But I can wait. It's mildly annoying at worst.

(12-03-2020, 08:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: Couple of questions, how often do the folks who are having issue clear their cache and what level of firewall are you running.  Both things can affect the speed or posting.

I don't experience this anywhere else. I don't think it's a global issue on my end. Every other forum I peruse, including other PHPBB sites, runs fine with no delay.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • SYZ

The site's mostly running fine today, but there have been occasional moments of severe lag/inaccessibility, the latter of which presents this message:

Quote:503
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Aliza

Today was the worst ever.  I counted 12 "failures to connect" and that was after trying a few times before I started counting.  I never did get in.  I suspect it was an internet issue on my side, though.  Every little bastard in Arizona trying to Zoom with grandma at the same time.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Aliza

That last one went right through although taking the 10-12 seconds to go through.

That actually is reassuring.  When it fails to connect it usually gives me that message in a couple of seconds.

Of course it is 9:30 at night now.  All the little bastards must be in bed.

(12-26-2020, 04:29 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Today was the worst ever.  I counted 12 "failures to connect" and that was after trying a few times before I started counting.  I never did get in.  I suspect it was an internet issue on my side, though.  Every little bastard in Arizona trying to Zoom with grandma at the same time.

I'd like to believe that's the case, but I'm taking the note for a log I've started. Thanks for reporting it.

There's no point in not letting the powers-that-be know.

(12-26-2020, 04:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 04:29 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Today was the worst ever.  I counted 12 "failures to connect" and that was after trying a few times before I started counting.  I never did get in.  I suspect it was an internet issue on my side, though.  Every little bastard in Arizona trying to Zoom with grandma at the same time.

I'd like to believe that's the case, but I'm taking the note for a log I've started. Thanks for reporting it.

Since you're keeping a log, I want to reiterate a point I've made before. I see many of the same site specific issues as others see, but only when I'm booted into Win10. I Never saw them in Win 7 and I don't see them (except for the occasional slow posting) in Linux. I don't know if it's the OS, the differences in Linux vs. Windows versions of Firefox or if Ubuntu just has an easier time "talking" to what is likely a Linux server than Win10 does. Just my experience, but it's been a very consistent experience.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]