Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly mobile version still in the works?

I ask, because when I'm at work it is a pain in the ass to view this forum in full form on the mobile.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(10-31-2020, 02:24 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: I ask, because when I'm at work it is a pain in the ass to view this forum in full form on the mobile.

I started a thread about this some months back. It died a quick and unnoticed death.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Phaedrus

(11-01-2020, 12:03 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 02:24 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: I ask, because when I'm at work it is a pain in the ass to view this forum in full form on the mobile.

I started a thread about this some months back. It died a quick and unnoticed death.

Perhaps Admin will take a look at some of the following tools to do just that:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-tools-to-h...te-2373181
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

I doubt that. I got no reply from any staff to my query.
On hiatus.

(11-03-2020, 01:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I doubt that. I got no reply from any staff to my query.

Sometimes they can be unsure of how to answer until they have something definitive to say.

Let's just wait and see ...
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

I'll be stepping down from tech duties after the move I'm afraid so won't be implementing this. At the moment there isn't anyone planned to replace me.

It can be done, all it really needs is some additional user themes installed.

My understanding of MyBB is that it's reliable back-end and easy to manage, unlike some other forum software, but obviously the user interface isn't ideal. That's the compromise you go with when selecting software.

*bump*

I always found mobile versions to be rather hostile, and not really friendly at all.

(01-20-2021, 10:25 PM)no one Wrote: I always found mobile versions to be rather hostile, and not really friendly at all.

I do too but other well informed people love them. Yes, a mobile version is being discussed.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Phaedrus

*bump*