Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview with JimBones on American conservatism

Did you participate in one of the numerous protests against police brutality that occured during the summer? Many of the points you presented here match with those presented by the protestors.

No. People seem mostly focused on what divides them right now. Anyone who supports some of Trump's policy is not popular in public. Once the election is over perhaps people will calm down.

That's it?

So guns, drugs, prostitution, prison, the police and protesting are the most pressing issues for you?

Pathetic. I hope American voters are focused more on important domestic matters than Canadians. But it would not surprise me if they are not.

Trump 2020!

(10-21-2020, 06:59 PM)JimBones Wrote: That's it?

So guns, drugs, prostitution, prison, the police and protesting are the most pressing issues for you?

Pathetic. I hope American voters are focused more on important domestic matters than Canadians. But it would not surprise me if they are not.

Trump 2020!

I'm sorry I'd like to make a little break in the interview until next monday. My mother's husband just suffered a major stroke and I'll be busy in the next few days trying to help her arround the house and keep her company. I'm quite sorry for the delay.

We can continue on monday where I'd like to talk about your education system, the place of religion in school and sexual education. Afterward, I was thinking about talking about climate change and economic development.

PS: I'd expect more courtesy from then on too.
The following 2 users Like epronovost's post:
  • julep, Thumpalumpacus

Right before I leave for my weekend of hospital and house work,

I'll just ask one last question concerning the US justice system.

What's your position on the death penalty. You said earlier that you were opposed to prison as they were useless, thus this extand to this controversial form of punishment?

PS: I'll continue the interview on monday, but I'll keep an eye for any answers or comments you would like to add on the subject of the justice system and the police brutality. Again I'm sorry for the delay.

@JimBones

If you are interested to continue the interview, I have again the time necessary to devote to it. As a reminder, my last question was concerning the death penalty. I know the subject isn't as debated as it was in the 90's, but it's still a pertinent question. Do you or would you support the death penalty?

JimBones has requested the interview to end. The thread can be locked.

(11-02-2020, 02:41 PM)epronovost Wrote: JimBones has requested the interview to end. The thread can be locked.

I never quite understood the point of it all. Are you an aspiring interviewer or something?
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(11-02-2020, 02:43 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 02:41 PM)epronovost Wrote: JimBones has requested the interview to end. The thread can be locked.

I never quite understood the point of it all.  Are you an aspiring interviewer or something?

I had explained my reason on the thread asking for interview volunteers and the conversation that followed.
The following 1 user Likes epronovost's post:
  • Cavebear

(11-02-2020, 02:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 02:43 PM)Cavebear Wrote:

I never quite understood the point of it all.  Are you an aspiring interviewer or something?

I had explained my reason on the thread asking for interview volunteers and the conversation that followed.

So ask Thump or Minimalist for an interview next. That would be much more interesting.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...