Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What was the high point of your day? 2.0

My brother, who I haven't seen in over a month, came over for a visit today. We wore medical masks as we sat in my den for a two-hour chat, but that didn't detract from the enjoyment of our visit. He left before noon so he'd be home in time for lunch. I was in good spirits for the rest of the day.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, Finite Monkeys, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Kim

(02-25-2021, 11:05 PM)Nursey Wrote: I’m stuck in Alabama for six more years Weeping

They can come join me in Huntsville  Girl_yes2

Oh, dear, the horror stories I hear about the state of Alabama.
[Image: 8a487e2d72e959c458857f1b72271166.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

The muddy footpaths are drying out so I had a lovely long walk with the dogs through the fields with bright blue skies and sunshine. It was so warm I had to take my jacket off and stroll about in my t-shirt (and jeans, for those of you sniggering at the back). Two tired out mutts are now fast asleep on their dog beds.
The following 1 user Likes Finite Monkeys's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Last night my left knee was hurting me so bad I didn't get to sleep until about 3:00 a.m. I had a hard time walking around the house today and, for the most part, took it easy and watched DVD's. I finally got some relief by late afternoon. I just got up a short while ago and took my meds. Most of the knee pain is gone, but there is still a bit of stiffness. Arthritis is a bitch.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dānu

The last couple of weeks I've been staying at my mom's house as a result of the storm and the damage it's caused. We've had some really good talks and so rather than saying it's the high-point of my day, I'm just grateful that the last two weeks we've had plenty of good nights talking and touching base.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, GenesisNemesis, Kim

My rice cooker came with a rather rudimentary manual, which was one of the more frequent criticisms of the unit on Amazon. I don't remember offhand where I threw the manual, so I googled to see if there was a copy I could grab off the internet. The first link I clicked was a manual for this exact rice cooker, only under Best Buy's Insignia house brand. It's a little better than the original manual that came with the unit, including defaults and recommended settings. Chouette!
[Image: sea-stones-whimsy-7-sm.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

It's a tie:  I got an unexpected check, and our taxes are done.

And then I put a new insurance card in my wallet and found seven dollars!
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Kim, GenesisNemesis

I just got home from a double-shift at work.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I was feeling nauseous after running upstairs and downstairs collecting tools and materials for a project, but after I got it finished I sat down to meditate for half an hour. Felt amazingly better.
The following 1 user Likes Astreja's post:
  • GenesisNemesis