Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Pasta Dish?

Favorite Pasta Dish?
I love thin spaghetti with garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.  So good! How about you? What's your favorite pasta dish?
The following 5 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Little Lunch, Aroura, Deesse23, GenesisNemesis, M.Linoge

Favorite Pasta Dish?
My favorite is Bertucci's rigatoni abruzzi.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Bcat, Little Lunch

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Tequila
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Bcat, Aroura

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Lasagna is favorite food over everything. Keeps great, too. You can get it out of the freezer after centuries, pop it in the microwave, and bam it's just like fresh cooked out of the oven.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Bcat, Alan V, M.Linoge

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Prawn, fennel, garlic, cream, black pepper, tabasco green pepper sauce, shaved parmesan, fettucine.
I feel all dreamy just writing it down.
The following 2 users Like Little Lunch's post:
  • Bcat, Aroura

Favorite Pasta Dish?
(08-05-2020, 02:17 AM)Bcat Wrote: I love thin spaghetti with garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.  So good! How about you? What's your favorite pasta dish?

I make something similar.
In my garden I have bird's eye chilli and I smash it up with some oregano, thyme, sage and olive oil.
Also great spread over toasted dukkah.
The following 1 user Likes Little Lunch's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
I can only pick one? I could sooner pick a favorite star in the heavens, as Drew Barrymore's character in Ever After says.

I really like pasta. If I had to pick just one, maybe butternut squash ravioli with browned butter. But then I'll change my mind in 15 minutes.
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Little Lunch, Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
I am an Italian fod technologist so I know a couple of things abou pasta and I am an amateur chef.
Lasagne: try to make the bechamel with goat milk & olive oil and make it yellow with saffran. Ragout: make it with Merguez and aubergine and then you will have a fantastic "middle eastern scented" lasagnas
Butternut squash ravioli: the renessaince version of Mantua (thus with benzaldehyde scent) or the "regular one"?

One of my faourite is wholeflour pasta with broccoli, anchoves and toasted sesame & crumbled almonds.
Another supereasy is with lemon zest, pink pepper, dill and sourcream
There are thousands of quick recipes where you can rpepare the sauce in the meanwhile pasta is cooking

Anyway I confess my sins: I am italian but I prefer asian style foods and among italian food I prefer Risotto over pasta dishes. I know it sounds heretic but I am from Milano where Risotto is more stape than pasta. Of course I will never say no to a good pasta dish, but I am quite picky at its softness and salt level, thus I never have pasta in a restaurant when I am abroad and I usually cook it myself. My wife (italian as well) she is really not able to cook, I lways cook at home and for the good: she is a toxicologist she can easily poison us ahahahah
The following 4 users Like Ausländer's post:
  • Alan V, Little Lunch, Bcat, Aroura

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Any/all pasta dishes are okay with me.        Big Grin
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
I am fairly old school: Bolognese, with some garlic added. Girl_yes2
Carbonara is also on top of my list.
I am not at all into those sea food/pasta combos, probably because i am not into seafood in general.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Bcat, Alan V

Favorite Pasta Dish?
(08-05-2020, 02:17 AM)Bcat Wrote: I love thin spaghetti with garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil.  So good! How about you? What's your favorite pasta dish?

Gotta try that.

Vermicelli, meatballs, and chunky spaghetti sauce with extra mushrooms.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Little Lunch, Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?

I'm not really into pasta dishes, although I sometimes buy a few cans of Chef Boyardee's Ravioli when it's on sale.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Lasagna, but I make spaghetti much more often, lasagna takes a lot of work.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Microwave Mac-N-Cheese.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
(08-05-2020, 02:15 PM)brewerb Wrote: Microwave Mac-N-Cheese.

I'm one step removed. I like macaroni with Ragu. Three minutes in a Rapid Mac 'n' Cheese cooker, stir, three more minutes, add sauce, heat another minute, and you've got a meal in under ten minutes. It's my go-to for breakfast these days.

If I'm feeling a little more energetic, ravioli, fettucini alfredo, or regular spaghetti bolognese.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Lazanki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazanki
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis, Little Lunch

Favorite Pasta Dish?
(08-05-2020, 06:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Lazanki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazanki

do you know him?
The following 1 user Likes Ausländer's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Diced ham, bacon bits, chopped green onions, grated cheese. Do a bowl of spaghetti, add the former ingredients, top with Italian dressing or Tuscan House dressing.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
(08-05-2020, 07:55 PM)Ausländer Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Lazanki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazanki

do you know him?

No. I don't watch culinary programs.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Bcat, GenesisNemesis

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Pasta salad.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
I don't know one syllable of polish, but that was interesting! The food looked good, and that's a cool language.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Bcat, Szuchow

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Lasagna.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
Spaghetti Vongole (spaghetti with clams in a sauce of garlic, white wine, parsley and lemon.) 

Squid linguine  (as above but with squid and linguine pasta)
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Bcat

Favorite Pasta Dish?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_goulash

Made in my case with macaroni, ground turkey, various different seasonings, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu

Favorite Pasta Dish?
(08-06-2020, 03:36 PM)c172 Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_goulash

Made in my case with macaroni, ground turkey, various different seasonings, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste.

My Mom used to make this dish quite a bit when I was growing up.