Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the one food you haven't tried, but want to...

(10-13-2020, 08:08 PM)Dom Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 07:57 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 04:19 PM)Dom Wrote: I think frog legs are over rated. The taste like small pieces of chicken and are way overpriced.

I don't doubt you dear friend but I've done snails and I just want to try those frogs legs along with the other things, for me it's not just the taste of things it's what they are that's as important.

Snails I like. Smile

Same here, people say I'm disgusting but I don't care snails with garlic butter are delicious IMHO.  Thumbs Up
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

(08-03-2020, 08:18 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:15 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:11 PM)Cavebear Wrote: You call it quiche; I call it a folded omelet.  Same stuff.  YUM!

Wait, broccoli and corn?  I love both, but with eggs?

I like to cook and experiment.  Thumbs Up

Have a tuna and broccoli salad on me...

I hope you are going to take a shower first. :-)
The following 1 user Likes Little Lunch's post:
  • Fireball

(10-13-2020, 04:19 PM)Dom Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 03:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 03:11 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote: I'm with you mate... When it comes to Seafood, I always have trouble getting what it looked like when it was alive out of my mind. That's probably why I've never tried Octopus.

Octopus is fantastic especially when cooked in its own ink. 

Foods I want to try: Frogs legs, alligator, turbot halibut, ostrich.

I think frog legs are over rated. The taste like small pieces of chicken and are way overpriced.

I had frog legs in Kuala Lumpur and I got to choose the frog out of a tank.
Not even as good as chicken and a knee joint in the middle of a drumstick is disconcerting.

Back in the 80s when we visited my grand-folk in Missouri, I would spend a goodly chunk of that time at my uncle Charlie's place. We'd have mud-bug pots in one end of the pond and be gigging at the other end. Craw-dad boil and frog legs for dinner 3 nights of every four. Mmmmm, good eats!

And, no, frog legs do not taste like chicken. Chicken tastes like chicken. Smile

We would usually pass through Arkansas on the way there, or the way home, in order to see my uncle Lloyd. At least one dinner there would be southern fried Arkansas Tree Chicken (squirrel). No, those don't taste like chicken either. Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

(10-13-2020, 08:24 PM)no one Wrote: I will try anything.

Says a guy who has been through SERE training.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

(10-13-2020, 08:39 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote: I once asked the owner of a restaurant if he had frogs legs. He said "Yes of course." I said "Okay then, hop to the kitchen and get me a steak."

Yer a wise-guy! My kind of wise guy! I have a thread I started called "Mean-Ass Jokes". It's got some offensive shit in it. Got any candidates?  Big Grin I really do mean for you to post some jokes there, it's kind of languishing.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • TonyAnkle

(08-03-2020, 08:11 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 08:06 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Quiche made with bacon, mushrooms, broccoli, corn, onions, herbs and sharp cheddar cheese. I can't buy this combination at the deli, so I'll make it myself one of these days.  Tongue

You call it quiche; I call it a folded omelet.  Same stuff.  YUM!

Wait, broccoli and corn?  I love both, but with eggs?

Google fritata..  Italian style scrambled eggs, omlet, quiche sort of thing.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!