Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum

New to the forum
Hi everyone,

I've been an atheist for many years of my young life. Even when I was very young still having to go to church with my mom and grandparents, I never believed in God or enjoyed church at all. I always hated having to go to religion class during the night after school, it was the worst. When, I came out as an atheist to my family, they couldn't believe I was an atheist or didn't believe in God. It was freeing at the time, but now years after, I should've realized to keep it to myself. My family has now really understood that it's my life and I'll live it how I want. My mother doesn't debate me on the topic, because she knows I put a lot of doubt in her mind about religion and God. I grow up and went to school in a small town, where there were many churches. If, you weren't part of a church in town, you were no one. It was so awesome moving away from there, as I could live my life. I'm very glad to have found the site and look forward to great discussions.

New to the forum
Welcome!  Where should we look forward to seeing you here the most - politics & world affairs, dissecting religious folly, science, entertainment?  Or getting assistance navigating the precipices of family without losing family?  Hope we live up to your expectation.  Smile
The following 1 user Likes airportkid's post:
  • Dom

New to the forum
Hello Airportkid,

Thanks for the welcome, to your comment, all the above. Great to be here with my fellow atheists.

New to the forum
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum.         Sun
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

New to the forum
@SYZ

Thanks, for the welcome mate.

New to the forum
@Tomatoshadow2

Welcome from Middle Earth! I look forward to reading your posts.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

New to the forum
Welcome Woof.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

New to the forum
Welcome!  Thumbs Up
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

New to the forum
Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

New to the forum
Howdy.

New to the forum
Welcome.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

New to the forum
Que pasa?
On hiatus.

New to the forum
Welcome to our little oasis of sanity in a god-crazed world.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

New to the forum
Welcome.  I love your name, TomatoShadow.  Nod   With a name like that you could start in the "Pinapple on Pizza" thread. LOL 

Where about are you from?  Just curious.
                                                         T4618

New to the forum
Howdy
R.I.P. Hannes

New to the forum
Thanks everyone for the welcome! Glad to be around fellow atheists.
The following 5 users Like Tomatoshadow2's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, jerry mcmasters, Dancefortwo, Dom, Bcat

New to the forum
(07-14-2020, 01:18 AM)Tomatoshadow2 Wrote: Thanks everyone for the welcome! Glad to be around fellow atheists.

I already welcomed you, but I am curious what color shadow a tomato casts.  Tongue

If you like tomatoes, you'll have a couple of buddies here. @Bcat and @OakTree500  Smile
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Bcat, OakTree500

New to the forum
Welcome! Smile

New to the forum
@Fireball A dark red I imagine haha and @Bcat thanks!
The following 1 user Likes Tomatoshadow2's post:
  • Bcat

New to the forum
Welcome aboard tomato person! Smile

New to the forum
Welcome

New to the forum
Hi Tomato,
Hope you stick around and contribute.
Some of us are new here, some are not, (and came from another forum that closed, and know each other "long time").
There are some very thoughtful people here. Sounds like you'll fit in well.  

Most of us are, in some way or another, in the same boat as you are.
Fortunately, (or not) I chose to keep my mouth shut, and didn't alienate the larger group I came from, .. fairly liberal Catholics.
I never saw religion as "the enemy".  
I get that's not *acceptable* to many who came from Fundamentalist/Conservative backgrounds.

Great to have a new member.
When I joined the forum we came from, I was SO intimidated ... buncha fucking philosophers, which I sure wasn't.
Turns out they're all just as dumb as me.  Big Grin
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Bcat

New to the forum
(07-15-2020, 03:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Hi Tomato,
Hope you stick around and contribute.
Some of us are new here, some are not, (and came from another forum that closed, and know each other "long time").
There are some very thoughtful people here. Sounds like you'll fit in well.  

Most of us are, in some way or another, in the same boat as you are.
Fortunately, (or not) I chose to keep my mouth shut, and didn't alienate the larger group I came from, .. fairly liberal Catholics.
I never saw religion as "the enemy".  
I get that's not *acceptable* to many who came from Fundamentalist/Conservative backgrounds.

Great to have a new member.
When I joined the forum we came from, I was SO intimidated ... buncha fucking philosophers, which I sure wasn't.
Turns out they're all just as dumb as me.  Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome Bucky Ball. It is so great to be a part of the forum, with so many great fellow atheists.

New to the forum
Due to conditions beyond my control I will not be posting in this thread. Welcome anyway.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]