Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battling Diabetes?

Battling Diabetes?
Blood sugar this AM was 113. Holy shit, the Jardiance kicks ass. Lowest reading I've had in a decade. (Barring two weeks when I had nothing but Ringer's.)
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • brewerb, Phaedrus, skyking, Bucky Ball

Battling Diabetes?
That has to be good news mate!  Well done.  My partner is a Type II and her levels
average out at around 7mmol/L to 9mmol/L which is a bit on the high side.

[Image: Conversion-Table-for-Blood-Glucose-Monit...1024-1.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

Battling Diabetes?
[Image: diabeetus.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • skyking, Bucky Ball

Battling Diabetes?
It's serious shit, old fucks!

Battling Diabetes?
(05-07-2020, 12:45 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: It's serious shit, old fucks!

Since I went on the low carb diet, mine is between 110 and 120, and my feet are about half way thawed out and progressing. Before low carb, I registered between 180 and 200. I have also lost a ton of weight. Add in that I am totally happy eating low carb, never hungry and the food is delicious, and we have a winner. The food variety is pretty much endless, and I love to cook and cook up a storm every night. Add in that I need neither diabetes meds nor blood pressure meds anymore, and I am a happy trooper.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 5 users Like Dom's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Alan V, skyking, adey67, Bucky Ball

Battling Diabetes?
That's great and anti-inflammatory too.
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Dom, adey67

Battling Diabetes?
I'm 69 and being ascetic isn't in the cards.

Battling Diabetes?
(05-07-2020, 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:

Since I went on the low carb diet, mine is between 110 and 120, and my feet are about half way thawed out and progressing. Before low carb, I registered between 180 and 200. I have also lost a ton of weight. Add in that I am totally happy eating low carb, never hungry and the food is delicious, and we have a winner. The food variety is pretty much endless, and I love to cook and cook up a storm every night. Add in that I need neither diabetes meds nor blood pressure meds anymore, and I am a happy trooper.

Carbs are nothing but a long string of sugars holding hands.  Big Grin
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Fireball, Dom

Battling Diabetes?
(05-08-2020, 12:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:18 PM)Dom Wrote:

Carbs are nothing but a long string of sugars holding hands.  Big Grin

Yep, and low carb is definitely not ascetic. I love to eat. I love to eat good stuff. I like steaks and shrimp and salmon, the latter two bathed in butter and lemon juice. I like roasted veggies, and did you know that cooked radishes taste just like potatoes? They do. Yes, the little red ones. Instead of bread for my sandwiches I make chaffles - google it and you will find a ton of recipes. There is a low carb version of most anything you can think of, one of my favorites is pizza. I am a gourmet and a glutton for food, so if I like it, it can't be ascetic.

And yes, carbs are the unhealthy thing, like Bucky puts it so nicely, they are just strings of sugars holding hands. Once you get rid of sugar for a while, you don't even like it anymore. It's sickeningly sweet. If you must have sweet, there are many substitutes.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • SYZ, adey67, Bucky Ball

Battling Diabetes?
(05-07-2020, 10:35 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I'm 69 and being ascetic isn't in the cards.

You don't look a day over 95. Tongue Angel
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

Battling Diabetes?
(05-08-2020, 10:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 10:35 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I'm 69 and being ascetic isn't in the cards.

I've looked worse. Like when I had a tracheostomy. Or when I hadn't had a bowel movement for 11 days. Or when I had double pneumonia and the flu.

Come to think of it, I usually look worse. Aggravated

Battling Diabetes?
(05-08-2020, 10:55 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 10:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:

I've looked worse. Like when I had a tracheostomy. Or when I hadn't had a bowel movement for 11 days. Or when I had double pneumonia and the flu.

Come to think of it, I usually look worse.   Aggravated

Omg was that all recently?  Shock
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

Battling Diabetes?
(05-08-2020, 11:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 10:55 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 10:52 AM)adey67 Wrote: You don't look a day over 95. Tongue Angel

Come to think of it, I usually look worse.   Aggravated

Omg was that all recently?  Shock
The trach was '07. The blocked bowel was '17, the pneumonia was '18.