Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encyclopedia Of American Loons - A Blog

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2020/02/

Loons, kooks and cranks.  Doesn't really seem to be an index, or classifications of different genuses of kooks, but we have a fine collection here to gawk at.  Seems to be a lot of truly unhinged religious type.  Some pseudoscientists, a few quack medical cranks.

#2315: Ken Swanson
In 2015 he issued a dire warning to his followers to refrain from eating the evil lesbian communist Girl Scout cookies, since doing so may turn your daughter into, well, a lesbian communist; accordingly, the leaders of the Girl Scouts are worthy of death. Another lesbian-recruiting cesspool is the U.S. women’s national soccer team, and Swanson was shocked when even Republican presidential candidates congratulated them on their 2015 FIFA WWC win, an occasion that, Swanson reminded us, was also “celebrated, of course, by one of the lesbian players doing her lesbian thing with her lesbian whatever.”
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 4 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches, SYZ, skyking

(03-06-2020, 11:32 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2020/02/

Loons, kooks and cranks.  Doesn't really seem to be an index, or classifications of different genuses of kooks, but we have a fine collection here to gawk at.  Seems to be a lot of truly unhinged religious type.  Some pseudoscientists, a few quack medical cranks.

In 2015 he issued a dire warning to his followers to refrain from eating the evil lesbian communist Girl Scout cookies, since doing so may turn your daughter into, well, a lesbian communist; accordingly, the leaders of the Girl Scouts are worthy of death. Another lesbian-recruiting cesspool is the U.S. women’s national soccer team, and Swanson was shocked when even Republican presidential candidates congratulated them on their 2015 FIFA WWC win, an occasion that, Swanson reminded us, was also “celebrated, of course, by one of the lesbian players doing her lesbian thing with her lesbian whatever.”

What a bunch of dolts.  That reminds me, next time I see a Girl Scout I'm gotta remember to  buy a couple boxes of their chocolate mint cookies.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Fireball, Tres Leches

You're gonna need a bigger book.

[Image: quintfromjaws.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking

Those cookies aren't made with real girl scouts.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(03-06-2020, 11:32 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2020/02/

When I was a kid, my conservative, Catholic parents wouldn't let me join Girl Scouts even after I begged and my friends (at a Catholic school, no less) kept asking me to join. Something about their objection to Girl Scout leaders speaking out for women's rights. This was late 1970s so it's possible Girl Scouts had a public opinion on the Equal Rights Amendment and my parents didn't like that.

Fast forward to about 6 years ago when my daughter's friend asked her to join Girl Scouts. I said yes but it turned out to be a bust. The group leader wasn't really equipped to be a leader and the first few meeting were just sitting around and doing art projects so we quit after that.

Word on the street is Boy Scouts is much more fun and exciting, and girls can join Boy Scouts now. I heard this from an acquaintance who asked me about my daughter joining her daughter in a Boy Scout group. In an ironic twist, she's quite conservative politically and makes no secret about this so I decided I wasn't interested. And my daughter is getting a little old for Scouts.

Yeah, things are weird in the US.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

[Image: icon_quote.jpg]Thumps:
You're gonna need a bigger book.

Congratulations sir, you won the internet today.
[Image: 5%20Stars.png]
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, skyking

(04-04-2020, 05:18 PM)Tres Leches Wrote:

When I was a kid, my conservative, Catholic parents wouldn't let me join Girl Scouts even after I begged and my friends (at a Catholic school, no less) kept asking me to join. Something about their objection to Girl Scout leaders speaking out for women's rights. This was late 1970s so it's possible Girl Scouts had a public opinion on the Equal Rights Amendment and my parents didn't like that.

Fast forward to about 6 years ago when my daughter's friend asked her to join Girl Scouts. I said yes but it turned out to be a bust. The group leader wasn't really equipped to be a leader and the first few meeting were just sitting around and doing art projects so we quit after that.

Word on the street is Boy Scouts is much more fun and exciting, and girls can join Boy Scouts now. I heard this from an acquaintance who asked me about my daughter joining her daughter in a Boy Scout group. In an ironic twist, she's quite conservative politically and makes no secret about this so I decided I wasn't interested. And my daughter is getting a little old for Scouts.

Yeah, things are weird in the US.

-Teresa

I wasn't allowed to join Girl Scouts, either.  I would not have been a good Girl Scout, but I didn't realize that at age 9.My parents signed me up for Pioneer Girls instead, which is a religious version.  We had to pledge allegiance to the Bible flag, etc.  

It wasn't much fun, but at least we didn't have to sell cookies.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • Tres Leches