Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(12-09-2023, 08:59 PM)mordant Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 04:23 PM)Cavebear Wrote: I get annual vaccines for flu and covid.  And will get the RSV one next week (I really didn't know about that one before).  It's so easy at my local Safeway.  No charge and I get a 10% off coupon for the food.  I'm up-to-date on tetnus (I handle rusty metal sometimes) and have my pneumococcal and shingles shots too.  I don't understand why some people are so dead-set against them.  

It's not like they are being poisoned or micro-chipped.  And you barely feel modern needles.
Covid vaccinations can make you feel gnarly for a day or three, sometimes after a weird delay. Even for people who don't distrust the vaccines due to conspiracy theories, the knowledge that they'll feel somewhat crappy for a bit can be a disincentive. Even I have favored Pfizer over Moderna because it has given me fewer side effects. Still ... Covid is still Covid, and if you catch it even once you have about a 15% chance of lengthy and possibly permanent disability. And those odds get worse with each infection. Just protect yourself accordingly, is what I tell people.

I don't have that problem.  In fact I just got my RSV vaccine shot today and I hardly know I got it.  If somehow I forgot what arm I got it in, I couldn't tell you the next day.

I'm up-to-date.  Shingles, tetnus, covid, flu, RSV, pneumococcal.  I'm fine with all that.  I know enough of the history of pre-vaccine life...  Medically, modern life is wonderful.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • pattylt, mordant

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Cavebear - 12-12-2023, 04:11 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM