Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(09-21-2023, 06:40 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: I do not intend to play with fire. I plan to get vaccinated again asap here in Germany. But i also think we should refrain from panicking. Covid is serious, long covid exists, no question, but not every symptom after a case of covid is long covid.
I am not panicking, nor do I think everything that happens after covid is caused by covid. Maskers / social distancers are sometimes accused of panicking or at least being Nervous Nellies but the vast majority aren't doomers, they do what they do quietly for considered reasons. There are doomers on social media, but they aren't really representative of all of us.

What I can't get away from is that depending on what study you belief there is a 10 to 20% chance of getting long covid from any one covid infection. Since I'm already old with enough aches and pains, that's not acceptable to me. The young who still haven't figured out they're not invincible find it easy to assume such things happen to Someone Else. There's also the fact that not all long covid is permanent disability, some of it isn't that bad and "only" lasts a few months or a couple of years and gradually resolves. Over against THAT is the fact that the odds of some (semi) permanent effects increase with each time someone gets infected. I worry about people who are blase about haivng had it a half dozen times and start thinking of it like a mild cold.
(09-21-2023, 06:40 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: What i said specifically is that people do pay less attention to Covid due to less harmful variants. That was an IS statement, not an OUGHT.

We should take Covid serious, no less, no more, and keep gathering data. Thats all i am saying.
Fair enough :-)

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by mordant - 09-23-2023, 09:45 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM