Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-15-2022, 07:49 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 06:50 PM)Percie Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Dānu Wrote: You neglect to realize that in WWII, Percie would have been on the side of the Nazis.

I present science supporting my points. You guys call me a Nazi. Somehow I'm not surprised.

It's funny how you spin it that you're selflessly thinking of others. Seems to me that you guys are terrified of death and therefore willing to take away others' freedom in order to get any boost, no matter how small, to your odds of surviving longer.

Since when is being considerate of other people health and wellbeing a mark that someone is "terrified of death".   Society has all sorts of limitations and regulations built into our lives that protect the public and those weaker than the majority.   It's called being "civilized".    I wonder if you park in handicap parking spaces?  I wonder if you drive at any speed through a school zone?   I wonder if you've thrown caution to the wind and removed those government regulated seatbelts and airbags from your car?  

And don't talk to me about freedom until you and your Christian cohorts get the hell out of my uterus.

I'm pro-choice (with a uterus too) and anti-vaccine mandate. Abortion is an issue between a woman and her doctor and a vaccine is an issue between a patient and their doctor. You won't or can't say the same and you're a bit of a hypocrite. So is everyone else here who shares your views. 

The anti-choice people believe that their orthodoxy is a matter of life and death (killing babies), just like pro-mandate people believe their orthodoxy is a matter of life and death (the unvaccinated kill people). 
There's really no talking anyone out of their beliefs on either issue; they are held with religious fervor. 
People on the "other" side - whether it's women who obtain abortions or people who aren't vaccinated - are automatically selfish killers. This is a discussion stopper and by design immediately ends any meaningful engagement or thoughtful dialogue. "I'm right and you're wrong, Nazi!"

It's not even two sides of the same coin - it's the same side of the same coin. 

The doubling-down on absurd arguments and logical fallacies here are becoming entertaining though. Ad hominem attacks weaken, not strengthen, your points. No one admits to even the slightest questioning of anything at all related to the coronavirus. Soon we'll reach peak corona orthodoxy. What a moment that will be.
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 03-16-2022, 01:50 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM