Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-15-2022, 08:57 PM)Dom Wrote: I am not terrified of death at all, never have been. Actually, I am quite likely to choose my own time to exit, death is a friend who saves you from suffering.

However, that time is not yet here. I am enjoying life and want to continue to do so for a few years. Having to live as a shut-in puts a crimp in that. I am taking away your freedom?

Yes. Vaccine mandates would obviously reduce freedom.

Quote:Since when is getting a vaccination the same as being oppressed?

This is a false dichotomy. The loss of a freedom doesn't need to rise to the level of oppression to be undesirable. I think adults should have the freedom to use marijuana. Doesn't mean that I think people in states where it's illegal are oppressed because of it.

Quote:Who is actually losing their freedom in this?

If there's a mandate, the people who are vaccinated against their will. 

Not you. You're living as a shut-in by choice. Your fear shows that you know that vaccines, masking, and distancing may help, but they don't remove the risk of covid. If you don't want to be a shut-in, you're going to have to take chances.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Percie - 03-15-2022, 09:23 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM