Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-15-2022, 11:18 AM)Percie Wrote: ...Anyone arguing that everyone should be vaccinated is either trying to sell vaccines or speaking out of ignorance.

What an absurd comment.

You're missing a vital point in your claim; that is, that the individuals who've developed natural
immunity to COVID by contacting the virus in all likelihood would never have contracted it had
they been vaccinated.  Additionally those individuals may well have taken up clinicians' time and/or
hospital beds unnecessarily.

In fact your attitude is not dissimilar to the typical anti-vaxxers' claims that it's better to just let
yourself be infected with COVID in order to develop a natural immunity.

And to suggest that there's a commercial inducement involved with recommending vaccination
for all puts you on a similar level to the conspiracy theorists who claim "big pharma" is inevitably
a player.    If anybody's speaking out of ignorance it's you mate.

Percie Wrote:Seems to me that you guys are terrified of death and therefore willing to take away others' freedom in order to get any boost, no matter how small, to your odds of surviving longer.

What the fuck?  Just how stupid are you?     Weeping

It would appear that as a practising Christian, you're the person terrified of death—as your absurd
belief in some sort of magical afterlife would attest.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, TheGentlemanBastard

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by SYZ - 03-15-2022, 07:51 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM