Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
I couldn't care less if there are still some anti-vax holdouts who don't want to be vaccinated. Why should I? I chose to be vaccinated. I don't wait passively by to see what healthcare decisions others make before I decide if I feel "safe" or not. Fear is the mind killer.

Most people are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of "anti-vax" and "shots in arms by force for all" and I don't care to perseverate on either extreme. People at the Covid isn't real extreme are just as annoying as people at the other extreme who are gleeful when an unvaccinated stranger dies of Covid-19 (but put on a sad face when solemnly announcing the latest Covid-19 death stats) and think working class people should be fired from their jobs for not participating in the vaccine. Both deserve hearty skepticism.
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • mordant, Percie

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 03-15-2022, 01:40 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM