Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(03-12-2022, 03:37 PM)Dānu Wrote: You showed one potentially adverse point from that article which you were asked to demonstrate quantitatively rather than just qualitatively, which you never did.  Well, let me lay your suspicions to rest.  I didn't cite the article for two reasons, first, the numbers were all I was interested and those weren't the product of Pew Research creative effort but simple facts.  Second, and more importantly, I hadn't even read the article so I certainly wasn't trying to hide what I'd read in the article.  I was familiar with the numbers and a similar graphic from another source, and so I googled looking for that specific graphic.  The article it came from didn't interest me, though as noted, it doesn't necessarily abet your arguments either, as it gives the figures for Trump in percentages but no such percentages for any of the other presidents compared.  So we're still waiting for the figures from you showing that Trump's effect on the federal judiciary was unusual among one term presidents, either as a whole or specifically regarding the appellate court.  Failing that, what you have is a qualitative observation by a Pew Research writer which may or may not be valid, but which, if true, supports your claims about Trump.  

The article wasn't linked to hide adverse information, it simply wasn't relevant and I hadn't read it, nor had I quoted the article as support.  I generally don't link to articles that I haven't read.

Whatever. You take this way too seriously. You need a job or a hobby or something.

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Percie - 03-12-2022, 03:40 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM