Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
There's a spike building in Rhode Island ATM. About half the cases are Omicron BA.2. Mask mandates just ended there. I suspect that hilarity will ensue.

Saw a post from an ER doc last night, could not figure out where she lives, but in her school district, someone played on the hockey team who turned out Covid positive. 21 other kids quickly came down with it, largely because reporting requirements were also dropped and no one knew. It is now plowing through the school at large.

One of this doc's kids has been so super careful throughout the pandemic and now she's sick and also very worried about a vulnerable family member.

At the ER where she works, they've been running extra shifts forever, were just starting to catch a break, and now this.

As for Hong Kong, deaths are way up, and they have detected a significant spike protein mutation in Omicron BA.2 there. There were links to the technical papers on it, but it was way over my head. Near as I can tell they are trying to figure out if the alarming death rates (including many children) is because of this mutation or just the unique mix of vaccination profile and local practices, high density, etc.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • c172

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by mordant - 03-06-2022, 06:25 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM