Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
(02-11-2022, 04:29 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 04:17 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 01:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: This is classic erecting-a-strawman.

And yes, I think masking and vaxxing make sense because our medical corps is at its wit's end. Many are leaving the field forever due to the strain that's been imposed upon them ... largely by unvaccinated people, this last year.

Yeah, I don't understand the selfishness of anti-maskers and antivaxxers.   There seems to be a mindset that the world is out to get them and their religious beliefs so they've drawn a line in the sand.  It doesn't seem to occur to them how un Christian it is.   That's not to say most Christians aren't fine with the masks and vaccinations, they are.  But there is a very vocal subset of religious people, and this includes conservative Jews and Muslims, who are fighting this hammer and tong.  
Its not only the religious, its ignorant people in general. I know a coupla outspoken atheists who are completely down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole.

Yes!  And the homeopaths and naturopath alternative medicine crowd.   There's a whole segment of society who have gone down the psudoscience rabbit hole and think their natural immunity is so special that this is all it takes to beat Covid.   They're wrong and just as dead as anyone else who rejects science.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Cavebear

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Dancefortwo - 02-11-2022, 04:43 PM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM