Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)

Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread)
I feel like the tide is turning in the right direction on the mask mandates in public K-12 schools - finally. This after reading some very recent articles in left-leaning publications (NPR, The Atlantic, and others) that say it's time to end student masking.
The Governor of my state is going to announce an "endemic plan" in the next few weeks. No doubt he's sticking his finger up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. I predict he'll pass off school mask rules to "local control" at first, then he'll announce masking students is history just as his election campaign ramps up later this year.
Of course, there will be another seasonal surge of coronavirus next winter but we'll see if he's still in office and able to slap a mask mandate down again.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • c172

Messages In This Thread
Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Chas - 03-25-2020, 06:04 AM
RE: Don't panic! Be creative!!! - by Aroura - 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM
£37 billion for Test & Trace. - by Inkubus - 03-10-2021, 04:05 PM
RE: Coronavirus spreads. But don't panic! (topical thread) - by Tres Leches - 02-03-2022, 01:05 AM
New conspiracy - by Filox - 03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
RE: New conspiracy - by Gawdzilla Sama - 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM